• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio stutter, frames hold or repeat in 14, 14.0.1 and 14.0.2

Participant ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed nothing in a sequence that worked perfectly. Then, audio playback suddenly became slow, breaking up 6 times every four seconds or so, while video repeats 3-4 frames, or simply freezes for an instant. These anomalies never happen at exactly the same each attempted playback. Worse, any new project does the same thing, regardless of format, size or resolution. I'm mixing 720, 1080 and 2160 materials plus GoPro and DJI .mov or .mp4 files. Mix and match wasn't a problem until now. Any single clip brougnt into a new project with no effects, overlays or speed changes, is also impacted. The blue playback head indicator jumps backwards a bit when this happens.

It began with Version 14 which was working properly. Thought 14.0.1 or .2 woud help. They didn't. Premiere Pro 2019 isn't a help — can't load projects made in 2020. Complete uninstall and reinstall of PP2020 failed to fix. Export rendering works, files render fine, but cannot be brought back into a new Premiere project. Start-to-end timeline rendering doesn’t help either. I’m using ¼ resolution playback, killed a second playback monitor and high-quality playback. Been through many of those "14 Ways to Fight Audio Lag" websites to no avail. Anyone beat this beastly prob?

• Windows 10 64-bit is current. Version 1909, Build 18363.657.
  • AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X, 16-core
  • 64 GB RAM
  • 2xNvidia 1080 in SLI configuration. Latest driver: 442.19
  • Total available graphics memory: 40 GB, dedicated video memory: 8 GB
  • MME Audio, 48000 KHz, 24-bit
TOPICS
Audio , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?