• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Waveforms not showing in Multicam Clips

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did a quick search here and did Render --> Audio but I still don't see waveforms. My multicam sequence settings are multichannel mono mapped to 7 channels...trying to insert interview clips in a non-multicam standard timeline. Not sure if I have to change my audio settings on my timeline but would like to see all waveforms...I see waveforms when I drop clip as un-nested but would rather match frame back to the synced audio rather than the source audio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also just control + click, to only click the things you want, without needing to unlink them first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well! Thanks for the update and you have saved me future headaches!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is - select the multicam clip that is not showing wave forms and go to Sequence Menu and select RENDER AUDIO. That works - although I had to learn it from Youtube as the Adobe tech support guy was telling me it wasn't possible to see waveforms in a nested sequence. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqd4khWDma4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think strictly speaking the tech guy might have been correct. In nested sequences, the audio track takes its waveform properties from the original clip, so if you want to edit the waveform, in theory you should go back to the original clip that shows the waveform and do your sound editing there. In reality that's not what most people want, as you often need to perform some additional sound editing in a nested sequence, after the clips have been spliced, cut and rearranged, so we still need the waveform to be visible. That's why the "Render" option is there, but it's worth keeping in mind that once you "Render" you effectively separate the nested sequence's sound clip from its original source, meaning if you later make any global changes to the source audio (say, change the volume) the change won't be reflected in your nested sequence, so you'll need to go into each and every individual rendered clip to make those changes (though of course there are ways of applying properties to multiple clips). So the Render solution needs to be used carefully and with full knowledge of what it entails, as it's not reversible once the project is saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is long overdue for an audio overhaul. Issues like this shouldn't exist in 2023 editions of Premiere. Waveforms should JUST WORK. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2024 now. Jeesh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines