Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a huge set of video sequences, let's say 1 million clips named:

• c1.mp4
  • c2.mp4
  • cN.mp4

I would like to apply an effect to each of them. The specific effect is stabilization (using the exact same configuration). Then I want to export each of the stabilized clips separately in the form:

• c1_stabilizated.mp4
  • c2_stabilizated.mp4
  • cN_stabilizated.mp4

This would be like creating a specific action in Photoshop and then applying this action to a batch of images. Is it possible to achieve this in Premiere Pro, I have been searching around for a solution but could not found it.

No need to say that, due to the size of the dataset, is impossible to manually load each clip and apply a preset effect with a specific configuration.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warp stabilization is a massive computational effect. The mind boggles at attempting to apply Warp to a million clips. The first thing that happens when you apply Warp to a clip on a sequence is it analyzes the clip ... so applying it to a ton of clips means Premiere is going to take a long, long time to analyze all clips ... and may choke your machine.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure it's going to take a long time, I'm working in Computer Vision so I know what is happening behind Warp Stabilization. I'm doing this as preprocessing step for a Deep Learning paper, so I'm already dealing with huge amounts of data and processing so time is not a problem. (I assume that time also depends on the GPU used)

Anyway, if Premier does not offer the batch processing option, I'm afraid that I will have to implement the warp stabilization by myself, with block-matching and global motion compensation.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is something that could probably be done by creating a script using Adobe Extendscript coding. I also think this may be more easily achieved in After Effects, particularly as there is a bit more information out there for writing scripts for AE.

I don't have the experience to advise much further on this, but some useful resources I've been exploring recently are as follows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UutXfHp9KDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x90MacNDMu0

http://codeandmotion.com/

There are also some great coding folk on the AE forum here, and over at Creative Cow who are very generous in helping with this kind of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your machine will choke when adding WS to a massive amount of clips at the same time.

Processing will only be done on the cpu not on the gpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines