• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autotranscription in PP 2023

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autotranscript question - I autotranscribed a sequence, edited it manually to correct the AI, added speaker names, etc. Now when I want to alter the sequence - ie revise the edit, I have read that I should be able to "merge transcript with existing transcription" in order to preserve all the work I did to the AI transcript. 

However, this option is greyed out and I cannot figure out why. What am I missing? 

Is there another way to "update" a transcript as I revise my cut without having to "retranscribe sequence" which blows away all the copyediting I did?

Running Premiere 2023 - 23.2.0 on a 2021 Macbook Pro M1 OS 12.2.1 Monterey

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: If I select specific in/outs I can "transcribe in to out" and "merge w existing transcript." Right now I am adding new VO so it's quite contained. But my other question stands. If I just want to update the transcript to match my new cut how do I avoid blowing away all the prior copyediting that was done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think currently the answer is that you can't.

The limited function is what you see with in/out and merging. But, as you recognize, that is only useful if you know that only certain sections of your sequence were changed.

In the Beta version, they are working on "Text Based Editing." There are 2 types of transcriptions - Source media, which will adjust to changes in the timeline and Static transcription (the current method) that are used to create captions. This may help.

The Beta just renumbered to 23.5 from 23.4, so I am hoping this makes it into the next major release.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines