• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Awful performance since 22.2 update - m1 pro max 16

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently experiencing almost unusable performance since upgrading to latest version.

This isnt just regards playback (thats actually not too bad) its more in just lag when clicking things and general interface is really laggy.

System is a M1 max Pro Macbook pro 16 (latest montrerray) worked flawlessly prior to upgrade.

Would you advise rolling back a version? Are there any reported issues 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried resetting preferences and deleting cache files?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Id tried those as soon as it happened.

Have rolled back to prevoius version and is fine. 

Definately issues with latest version and my system 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing the same issue. How do I roll back to a different version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing a massive amount of lag in Premiere 22.2. Extremely slow when dragging footage into a project, extremely slow when dragging anything into timeline. Multiple clicks needed to activate windows. Extremely slow previews when using Lumetri panel for color corrections. 

For reference, I have not experienced these problems on this machine since the version 22 updates. 2019 Macbook Pro, 8 core i9 processor, 32GB memory with AMD Radeon Pro 5500M card. Running Monterey version 12.2.1

And YES, I have tried all of the "tricks" to speeding up performance. Cleaned cache multiple times, uninstalled/reinstalled, blew out preferences, etc. Nothing makes a difference. 

The last two months Premiere has been borderline unusable. I have used this software for years and never seen anything like this. This IS an Adobe problem and it has me about to jump ship to a more stable NLE. Insane that we are paying so much money for a product that has halted my entire workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to 22.1.2 and things have speed up for me. Playback is full rez without issue, and exporting has quickened up a good bit. No other hickups for me yet.

My laptop is fresh out of the box, 16" MBP, M1 Max, 64GB. This might be helping me out too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... for a moment I thought I went back to my 2019 MacBook Pro 15' Intel Core i7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is user to user forum where we users help each other. The Adobe engeneers do not always read everything here. If you feel strongly about a (new)feature or (bug) fix please post it on uservoice, as it will be read by the engeneers.
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.2 is almost unusable with longer clips of 4:2:2 10bit 4k footage. Rolling back to 22.0 helped me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also rolled back. From 22.4 to 22 and it helped a lot!
Thank you everytbody 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same issues here with brand new mac m1 max. nightmare to work with. laggy. a lag between moving a clip on the timeline and it actually moving. lag in selecting clips, lag in expanding and minimizing timeline. sooooo frustrating. sometimes the playback itself is choppy. same in after effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines