• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Basic 3D effect on a PNG

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping someone knows what is happening here? I'm trying to quickly illustrate the piece flipping over to look like the piece my subject is pointing to. The PNG just cuts out mid-spin. I've played around with  "Distance to Image" as well as my rendering settings. The "Tilt" works fine. Can anyone explain what's happening here?

3d-effect.gif

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

try to nest that clip and apply the basic 3d to the nested

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very difficult to see what it going on from the GIF you posted.

Can you post a screen shot of your timeline at the portion where the effect is occurring, showing all relevant clips?

Also a GIF or video of you single frame stepping through the effect showing the Effect Controls panel, the timeline and the program monitor would be helpful.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. New to this so I'm exporting new gifs and will upload as I go. Heres the frame by frame of the issue:

Desktop 2020.07.06 - 13.59.07.02_4.gif

Screenshot:

jakee96493865_0-1594066472255.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can give you an unlisted youtube link instead? I know that quality on these gifs aren't ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for doing all that! Still not quite sure I follow what you are doing/and what is happening.

I made a short demo of how I would build the flip, take a look and see if there is anything of value for you here:

https://vimeo.com/435895516 

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to nest that clip and apply the basic 3d to the nested

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That basically worked. I had to redo the position and rotation but it's now making the full swivel. 

Is there is reason for that? I'm mostly just curious. I really appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

great that it worked, the reason is that when you have many clips on the timeline,

processing becomes complex, basic 3D effect is a bit delicate as well, nesting kind

of makes the processing simpler. Sometimes renderers cause this, but you mentioned

that you already tried switching between software only and GPU acceleration renderers.

This happens a lot with Basic 3D effect and I wuold call the attention of Adobe Staff

to give some more love for this needed and useful effect in future updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines