Exit

Be aware: "Obsolete" folder is now gone in the Beta builds

LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post was just posted ...

Now in Beta: Obsolete Effects, Transitions and Presets Removed

And I think users should click and read. As all those "Obsolete" folder effects will probably disappear from the "shipping" build soon. Certainly before this fall's 25.x gets released.

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only one I might miss is the gradient wipe.

I suppose that I could create that with a bit of Photoshop, keyframing, and adjustment layers.

One of my plugins might have a similar effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are only a couple for me, but they are ones without a decent ... or even possible ... replacement.

They list "channel mixer" as having a replacement in Lumetri. I have rather more experience and capability in that part of Premiere than most, including mapping control surfaces for such work ... and I haven't a clue how you would use Lumetri for channel mixing.

And the current "Noise" effect, for adding dithering/noise to the image, is extremely limited. You can't control size. You have only a rough setting for "amount", and a choice of color or black dots, that's ... it.

Not at all like either the Noise/HLS or Noise/Alpha effects, which are both disappearing.

But we all work differently, and well ... others may have their effect in there, and should be aware they are actually removing those and that quite soon now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and should be aware they are actually removing those and that quite soon now.

By @R Neil Haugen

When an effect or transition is moved to the Obsolete folder, I stop using it and try to find an alternative.

We don't always have advanced warning like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have done the same in most cases. But I have used the vastly superior Noise effects at times, those few times I wanted to add a film like "feel", or to break up banding or artifacts in an H.264 export.

And on occasion, the Channel Mixer.

Because, as noted in my above post, there is no effect left that is of any use when you need a Channel Mixer.

Past that, I know many users still for some reason or other use some of the other outgoing effects. So the post was meant as both a warning and a courtesy notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines