Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beginner question about media import

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So, I'm doing a Premiere Pro tutorial from Lynda.com, and at this stage I have to import media for my project.

So I select all the five folders (Broll, Images, Music, Interviews, Stock Footage) in the Media Browser and click "import"

However, when I look at it again in the Project view, I can see all the above-mentioned folders there, but they are missing a lot of files.

For example, the Broll has about 30 different clips, but after the import it has only one.

Update: just checked, it's the same thing if I try to import just one folder, of all the video clips inside only one gets added.

Am I doing something wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yury,

I think the the clips are spanned clips. Premiere Pro imports all of the spanned clips within a single shot or take as single clip.

What is the format of the files? Please check if the clips are spanned.

Please "About Spanned Clips" section in this article Importing assets into Premiere Pro from tapeless formats  for further information.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes this comes up ... and the direct work-around is to select-all the folder contents and import  ... but even that occasionally doesn't work for those having this issue.

To help get problem solving going, what are the details of your machine   .. desktop/laptop, OS... CPU .... RAM ... GPU ... and particularly what is the disc type and connections to the drive that content is on? If it is an external, reconnect or try moving to an internal.

You could also try deleting the PrPro cache and media cache database.

There's going to be other suggestions too.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines