• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big Problem with CC2018 Shutting Computer Down

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since 2018 was released I have been trying to use it. And every time I use it, the same thing happens. Randomly while clicking on a thumbnail in the bin or resizing a window, the entire machine shuts down suddenly and restarts. I have ruled out overheating because I keep my eye on a GPU temperature sensor. I have ruled out the power supply because i just replaced it (1250 watt).  When this happens, I normally just go back to using CC2017, which works PERFECTLY. I just figure I will wait until the bug is found and fixed.

But now things are getting more critical. I started a feature, and decided to start building it in CC2018 -- because I thought I had the problem licked. I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate on my workstation. I cleaned the machine to the bone and reinstalled CC2017 and CC2018. I tested 2018 again, on my new, clean system (HP Z800, 12 cores, 48Gb RAM) and it seemed to be stable. I tested it another day, and it didn't crash the system. I tested a third time and it was fine.

Now I am into the movie, and the problem has started again. Does anyone share this issue? I am trying to isolate the activity that causes it. At first I thought it was with the workspaces, because it would happen when I resize one of the panels. So I deleted all saved workspaces and created new ones. Seemed to work, until yesterday, I simply clicked on a thumbnail in the bin to drag it over and boom. Shut down. What gives? The big problem is that I have a lot of work done and since I can't open the project in CC2017, I am screwed. I tried using the XML export, but when I imported the sequences into CC2017, they came out all messed up, and there were only about 30% of the shots.

Please, if anyone has this same problem, lets figure it out. Adobe, can you please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the Event Viewer (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools)  say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just says "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first recommendation is a clean install of Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first recommendation is a clean install of Windows 10.

The OP said he's Running Windows 7 Ultimate.

It just says "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly".

That was all it had in the Event Viewer?    There should be an event ID and other information in it.   Which log was it in?   Also, there are General and Details tab for each event - what's in the Details?   Also, in the Event Viewer Windows logs there are separate logs for System, Application, and Security - one of them might have a nuggets of information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP said he's Running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Which is why I made that recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that 2018 works better with Windows 10?  I would be interested to know. I'm a daily editor and have been using Premiere since version 1.5 (that was in .... i think 1998). The version I used the longest was CS6 (extremely stable) and it worked magnificently on WIndows 7. So did the first CC editions: 2014, 2015, and 2017. I know because at some point when I was editing on CC2015, I upgraded my machine to Windows 10 and Premiere didnt seem to run as well. So I just reverted back to Windows 7.  And everything hummed along again......

Maybe CC2018 was built specifically for Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC seems to work better on Windows 10 than Windows 7 for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that 2018 works better with Windows 10?

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe CC2018 was built specifically for Windows 10?

Again yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW I have CC2018 and Windows 7 Pro, Xeon E3-1240 V2, and NVidia Quadro 600 and it works fine -  I've had no crashes or hiccups.  (knocks on wood!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works OK on Windows 7 for me, too, but it seems to be better on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw a post on another adobe thread -- someone else mentioned that when they open the color panel in CC2018, it crashes Premiere. And someone else responded that it happened to them too......

So others ARE having at least a related issue

That thread is here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2399134

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I have been experiencing a similar issue with Premiere Pro 13.1.2 (Build 9) on an iMac Pro, where my computer would just suddenly freeze then shut down and restart in the middle of working.  I noticed that it seemed to happen whenever I was scrubbing through multicam clips.  The multicams were comprised of both R3D and MP4 files.

The solution that seems to have solved it (at least for me) was to an export an AIFF of the audio within the multicam sequence, insert the AIFF into track 1 of the multicam sequence, and disable and mute all the other audio tracks in the multicam sequence. 

This leads to the discussion of whether or not to transcode everything prior to working, or at least creating proxy files, but I won't go into that as the necessity of that step can vary from project to project.  But hopefully the above solution might save some stress for someone else down the line.  Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I ended up creating ProRes proxies for all my footage and didn't have any more issues after that.  Apparently, Apple is friendliest to its own codec... who knew?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem with my imac pro 13.1.2 except any footage I have tested shuts the computer down. The happens when I export a project. It has completely crippled me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines