• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black or blank screen on both Program and Source monitors

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently changed computer from a 2017 iMac to a 2018 MacBook Pro which I've updated to Mojave 10.14.2 and am running Premier Pro 13.0.2. I have the 2.6Ghz processor with 16GB of RAM and Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

My footage is not showing on either the source or the program monitor. I can see it's there. I can see TC and the I/O marks, I can even export the clips successfully but I can't see it. I've been searching the internet for hours to fix this - I've tried uninstalling PP and entire CC (which I might try again) , I've tried changing renderer to Software only, and I've tried resetting the workspace to saved version... all of which are fixes discussed on forums elsewhere. I've been editing this project for a few weeks and was even editing it on this Mac all of yesterday with no issues. But now, suddenly no images.

I'm stumped and I'm running out of time.

Any ideas, anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Mac, but I have read that both Mac and Windows can have problems with dual graphics

-Mac troublshooting steps https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1622987

-Mac Utility for dual adapters http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1017891?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. Might be worth returning the laptop in that case. But in the meantime, I tried their fix (ie turned off graphics switching) and unfortunately didn't work.

Have since used CC Cleaner and also no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi danieln41776003,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please try to switch the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and check if you are getting proper previews.

FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

If you are still facing the issue, try resetting app preferences (FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?) and clean cache (FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?).

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By any chance are you using Overlays functionality? (Safe Margins, Title Safe, etc.) There is an issue with Metal Renderer with Overlays functionality that is under investigation. A possible workaround is to set Renderer to OpenCL. File menu > Project Settings > General > Video Rendering and Playback > Renderer set to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a similar issue I had being unable to see the footage on the program monitor, as soon as I upgraded to 13.0.2, except I could actually the source footage when I double clicked on it. 

Turning off the safe margin worked for me; I could actually see the footage in the program monitor again. But I now keep the renderer on software only, to be able to work with safe margins on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just my 2 cents - likewise for me when I turn on the title safe the image goes black with a thin white line at the bottom. 

For me I got a new iMac 2017 and it was fine, but then I THINK I updated Premiere and then this started happening. 

It's not crucial but sometimes it's good to have those title safe lines. 

Hope y'all can fix it soon!

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is being worked on and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can always set your Renderer to OpenCL to see the Title Safe Area or other Overlays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notice on the right the screen is black.  I have tried to render HDR "High 10" in H.264 and HVEC both just stare at you and fail eventually.  I read online to disable hardware engine upon doing so the rendering works, however both in the software and the rendered output the screen is simply "black/blank".  Nothing gets actually rendered.  You can see the source footage on the left, and the working plate on the right.  The only filters currently applied is a warp stabalizer and a lumtri color.  It appears the culprit is the warp stabilizer.  How do I not "black" out my footage with this applied?  I'd really like to render out the 10 bit source footage with HDR.  Encoding with non-High 10 works as intended.  Using a Radeon RX580/Intel 4770K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The overlay issue with Metal Renderer should be fixed in the Premiere Pro 13.1 update update that was just posted.

More information on 13.1:

New and enhanced features | 2019 releases of Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest update and this is still an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro 13.1.x, if you set the Renderer to OpenCL or Software Only, do you now see the video in the Program Monitor? eg: File menu > Project Settings > General > Video Rendering and Playback > Renderer set to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another post that said to resent your preferences. I did that, it worked. I was getting the error with Lumetri Scopes as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are up and running again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines