• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black screen, frame substitution secursion, error restrieving frame, and no audio bar

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, first of all, I am learning English, so bear with my description of these issues that I am encountering with. And PLZ HELP ME OUT.

So I have been having these issues for so long and I really want to know why would it happen and how to solve it. Sometimes after I inport videos, I would see some part of the video didn't have audio bar that indicates the volume. When I want to review those parts, it will go to two results. First one, the review screen will freeze and sometimes go black, the bottom right starts showing "frame substitution secursion" and "error restrieving frame", but the audio is functioning (I mean I can only hear the audio but no visual images). Second one, I can play and edit the video normally as usual, with audio as well. But it will stop the exportation half way and tell me "frame substitution secursion" and "error restrieving frame" again.

I hope you guys can understand what I am saying and I have a picture for better understanding. I have tried the "software only" method and it didn't work. I have tried to creat a new project and inport the video but same thing happened again. I have tried a lot and they all didn't work and I want to know why.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kengseng,

Sorry about that. Give us details on your system, media, and version of the software. 

We would love to help you.

Thanks, 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not quite sure what do you mean about "media", but I'll try to give you as much information that can help.

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB

GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

System: Windows 11 (22H2)

Video format: FHD, mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the version of Premiere pro is the lastest one - 23.2.

One thing I forgot to mention. It seems like I had never encountered this issuse until I changed the settings of sequence. All the videos I have been using are FHD, but I will go to sequence settings and change the frame size to 2k. I really don't like if that's related. I don't think so and hopefully not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the update. "Media" refers to the video footage you are editing with. It sounds like it's either H.264 or HEVC footage. It helps to know which camera was used, the frame rate of the footage, etc. This footage is tremendously hard to edit, but some problems can be mitigated with a powerful enough system. It appears that your system is capable.

So, I can only assume that you have faulty GPU drivers for your NVIDIA GPU. Perform a clean installation of the latest studio drivers from their site and let us know what happens. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try it now and here is the properties that premiere pro shows of my media

File Path: D:\Captures\2022-12-10 15-04-43.mp4
Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 101.95 GB
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 60.00
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - Compressed - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 10:03:10:10
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None
Color Space: Rec. 709
Color Space Override: Off
Input LUT: None
Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0 (Full Range)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it but nothing changed. After I downloaded the latest studio drivers from NVIDIA, I rebooted my computer. I deleted the premiere project. I created a new project and inport the video. Nothing changed. And it happens again - the second condition or result I mentioned above. Everything seems perfect expect the missing audio bar and failed exportation. And this time I didn't even rememeber to change the frame size inside the sequence setting.

I forgot to take a screenshot but it's exact same as the screenshot I posted at first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I am pretty sure the footage is not damaged because I can play it with WMD or Movies & TV, like all other software or application. I really don't know what causes that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New update! So I have been trying to figure out whether it's my footage's problem or premiere pro's problem. And I think it's because of my footage, cuz I tried to upload the video to YT and it stuck at the point where premiere pro cannot show the audio bar as well. However, I still don't understand what happened to my footage because I can play the video with WMD or Movies & TV. Anyways, thank you for your help and I really want to solve the mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last update. As long as I remove those unusual parts, I can susccessfully export the video. And it made me cut out four hours of content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Kengseng,

Hi. Your sequence is ten hours long? Whoa. OK. You had problems with the audio in a four hour section? Was there anything unusual or different with the way you recorded the media? Did it come from a Camera or a streaming video source? Have you tried using Shutter Encoder to transcode such footage. That can work. Hope to assist.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, it's ten hours long and I use OBS to record my videos the all time. And I will try out Shutter Encoder next time. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Kengseng,

Thanks for your reply. Many people use OBS to record their streams. It records at a variable frame rate, which Premiere Pro supports until the frame rate goes out of spec. Take the file to Shutter Encoder after the recording, then import that into Premiere Pro. Shutter Encoder and OBS are two different platforms: OBS does streaming and saves the file. Shutter Encoder can process that file so that Premiere Pro can work with it. Try a test and let us know if it works. Best of luck with your marathon edit!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines