Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Boris FX plugin missing in latest Premiere update

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I switched from an Intel MacBook Pro to an M1 Max MacBook Pro. I installed the latest version of Premiere and After Effects and my plugins, inlcuding Boris FX and Red Giant.

When I open the M1 default version of Premiere 22.1.1 my plugins are nowhere to be seen. I see them loading in the splash screen but they are not in my Effects or Transitions tabs.

They do appear and work fine when I open After Effects and the Intel version of Premiere 22.1.1.

I installed Premiere 15.4 and it worked fine, even on the M1 version.

I know that Boris Fx Continuum runs natvialy on M1 and that was shown to be true on the 15.4 version.

How do I get these plugins to appear on 22.1.1? Is ths a bug in CC 2022? The Boris support team also seems stumped by this.

I really appercieate any help and suggestions.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse,

Sorry about this. Here is a message from the product team with the latest info on the issue: Plugin issue with Premiere Pro v22.1.1

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin! I updated to 22.1.2 and reset my plugin cache. Unfortunately I am still haveing this issue. Is there anything else I can do to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue for my firned on an M1 Pro - both with BCC and Red Giant Universe.
Based on chatter on a Facebook group it still seems to be an issue with 22.2 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Hell. I don't know what's more infuriating, the plug ins not showing up in premiere, or watching Apple, Adobe, Red Giant and Boris all not give a crap. I spent a boat load of money on a new MacBook Pro so I can edit away from home. However, my workflow needs to use Boris and Red Giant plug ins every day. So now my lap top is just sitting there and I'm trapped on my old imac pro that is half as fast as the macbook pro. I contacted red giant and they were just like "Yeah it doesn't work" with no idea of when they can fix it. Who is to blame? Apple? Adobe? The third party plug ins? All I know is no one gives a crap about trying to fix it and just let the people spending thousands of dollars on their projects just flail in the wind. Adobe literally put out a "Fix" that made the plug ins work even worse. Who is testing these roll outs? I'm ready to just throw everyting into the ocean and join the circus. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem with an older mac on BigSure. Now we are the beta testers for the corporations. Iwill try to install a previse version of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines