Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bring Playhead to beginning

Participant ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

So for a long time I've used W as my 'go to the beginning' shortcut.  With the new version (CC 2017) my keyboard shortcuts got erased and I have to start over.  So now, the W does something else - that I don't ever use - and so I'd like it to go back to bring the playhead to the beginning.  Not also playing (which apparently Return does), just bringing it back.

I noticed that the Home key on my keyboard does this.  When I searched for Home I thought I found it and changed it to the W.  But now neither of them work! 

Can someone help me find which thing it is that I should assign the W to?  Because I can't find it.

I've also searched on this forum for the answer and didn't find anything.  I guess I"m the only one using W as my go to the beginning.  I guess I'm used to it from using the same in Cakewalk's Sonar program.

Thanks!

iMac Specs.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Hi G7sharp9,

You can get the previous version keyboard shortcuts to latest version. Please follow the steps:

A. Copy the Custom Keyboard shortcuts file .kys from the previous version to latest version manually.

1. Go to the location:

In Windows C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\10.0\Profile-Name\Win

In Mac /Users/[username]/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/10.0/Profile-[username]/Mac

2. Copy the .kys file and paste to

In Windows C:\Users\UserName\Docu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Home Key = go to beginning of timeline.

End Key = go to end of timeline.

Your other choice is to go in and change the keyboard shortcuts to your taste.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the newest version of Premiere Pro CC (2017)?

The Command you'll want to add a keyboard shortcut for is:

Application > Go to sequence-Clip Start

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Thanks for the word search.  I couldn't figure it out. 

Vidya, I was able to find the folders you mention and I did that.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi G7sharp9,

You can get the previous version keyboard shortcuts to latest version. Please follow the steps:

A. Copy the Custom Keyboard shortcuts file .kys from the previous version to latest version manually.

1. Go to the location:

In Windows C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\10.0\Profile-Name\Win

In Mac /Users/[username]/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/10.0/Profile-[username]/Mac

2. Copy the .kys file and paste to

In Windows C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0\Profile-Name\Win

In Mac /Users/[username]/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/11.0/Profile-[username]/Mac

3. Quit Premiere Pro, Relaunch & check the shortcut keys.

B. If there is no 10.0 folder in the location. You have to assign the shortcut keys again.

1. Close the project you are working on.

2. Create a new test project

3. Assign Keyboard shortcut keys in Keyboard shortcut window.

4. As stated by TeekayCC change the keyboard shortcut of "Go to Sequence-Clip Start" to W.

Preset and customizable keyboard shortcuts in Premiere Pro CC

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind and respectful,source of content learn mor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all,

So for a long time I've used W as my 'go to the beginning' shortcut.  With the new version (CC 2017) my keyboard shortcuts got erased and I have to start over.  So now, the W does something else - that I don't ever use - and so I'd like it to go back to bring the playhead to the beginning.  Not also playing (which apparently Return does), just bringing it back.

I noticed that the Home key on my keyboard does this.  When I searched for Home I thought I found it and changed it to the W.  But now neither of them work! 

Can someone help me find which thing it is that I should assign the W to?  Because I can't find it.

I've also searched on this forum for the answer and didn't find anything.  I guess I"m the only one using W as my go to the beginning.  I guess I'm used to it from using the same in Cakewalk's Sonar program.

Thanks!

iMac Specs.png

By @g7sharp9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines