• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BRUTAL artifacts created through Media Encoder!

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exporting a very large number of videos from Prmiere Pro through Media Encoder and it is producing insane artifacts. It seems if I export directly from Premiere the artifacts are not produced. The source footage comes from a DVX200 but I see it in all sorts of footage from cameras to game capture. I have exported H.264, MP4s, ProRes. All produce these artifacts.

I'd simply export files individually but I have over 100 files to export. It's just not realistic. I usually only need to export a single video at a time but this project is massive.

I don't know how it can be a hardware issue if exporting from PP directly results in clean videos and ME messes it up. Really kicking my butt and of course I'm fighting a deadline.

Footage:

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 4.21 GB

Image Size: 3840 x 2160

Frame Rate: 29.97

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00;06;15;27

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

VR Projection: None

System:

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 3.09.43 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Largely, we do not see this issue much any more. The artifacts are caused by heat-damaged GPUs.

• Short term fix: Use Software Only GPU acceleration
  • Longer term fix: Have your GPU(s) replaced by Apple and update macOS

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of your Export Settings Summary from the Export Settings Pane, like this example below:

ME Export settings.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is inconsistent. It does not happen on every video.

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 4.07.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ongoing problem for Mac Pro's.  I get issues like this all the time.  It dates back to March of 2014 and Adobe/Apple couldn't care less to fix it.  RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 4.42.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-14 at 4.33.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having the same problem when exporting 4K footage with Lumetri grade on the footage. I've used every conceivable method to remove the lines but they are still here. The same problem happened on the iMac and the MacPro and on all three versions of CC, 15,17,18

Might have to ditch Premiere Pro if they still haven't sorted this issue out. Its costing my time and money and I can't export final product with this sort of issue going on throughout the exported video.

@mediaworks did you get this fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my experience the graphics cards get to hot in the Mac Pro computers. Media encoder and premiere pro both use the gpu to accelerate the export. Try turning media encoder to software only export and see if you are getting the same issue still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Largely, we do not see this issue much any more. The artifacts are caused by heat-damaged GPUs.

• Short term fix: Use Software Only GPU acceleration
  • Longer term fix: Have your GPU(s) replaced by Apple and update macOS

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have new imac M1 and have BRUTAL artifacts when rendering, looks fine when rendered same settings on my old macbook pro. What's the chances that there is something wrong with the new imac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues on my brand new M1 Mac. Have tried everything from bumping the bitrate up to 100 to clearing the cache and regenerating a new cache. Nothing seems to be working. Getting random artifacts in my exports. They're horizontal lines across the video and they are not showing up in my project monitor in PP. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CP,

Sorry. Sony camera? Then it's a bug. You can roll back Premiere Pro, transcode, or try the Beta version. Let us know if that helps work around the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to bump this, but I have the exact same issue...right out of the box M1 Macbookpro, suddenly there are radom artifacts (blocks) on my exports which did not happen with my 8 year old macbook. 

Am I understanding that this means the computer is damaged? Or is it something else?

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines