• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in my Driver?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. Really need some help here. Starting last week when I open Pr I get an error, so I dumped the report and found only this.

"NVIDIA has identified a bug in your driver which might cause random crashes in your Adobe

application. Please follow the instructions listed in the linked article".

So I went to the NVIDIA site and installed "NVIDIA GeoForce" and it tells me my driver is the latest.

So I run Pr with the "Run with known issue" selection. I can Edit and Export as usual. BUT! Whatever I export chops off the tail end. If I play the file in Media Player or anything else it starts fine, but if I try to jump to the end if the movie, it throws the error attached.

I'm kind of stumped here. Any thoughts or ideas where to go next would be greatly appreciated!

Regards!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Hey @Brad.H

I read your post. I was in a similar predicament. I would recommend that you install the following NVIDIA driver: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/205035/en-us/ Let us know if it works for you. Sorry for the trouble!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

Which export setting are you using? are you use the different encoding options while exporting media? 

Like H.264 preset and in the video section Encoding setting is set to Software encoding or hardware encoding.

can you share your export setting details? 

thanks,

Suraj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suraj.  Yes I use the default settings when exporting. I'm way too new to be changing any of that stuff!  LOL!

So Location and Filename are the only things I change.

Regards.

--Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nVidia Driver Downloads https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
-for all Adobe programs use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
-To achieve the highest level of reliability, Studio Drivers undergo extensive
-testing against multi-app creator workflows and multiple revisions of the top
-creative applications from Adobe to Autodesk and beyond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, rhanks for the reaponse! I've attached some screenshots for you. It appears I have the correct driver. The screenshots will show you the source of my confusion! I seriously appreciate you taking time to assist with this!

Regards,

--BradGeForce Shows.jpgProperties.jpgScreenshot 2023-06-07 101601.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh BTW, when I click "Fix..." it takes me here.

How to install drivers from NVIDIA (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Brad.H

I read your post. I was in a similar predicament. I would recommend that you install the following NVIDIA driver: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/205035/en-us/ Let us know if it works for you. Sorry for the trouble!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

That did the trick!  Thank you so much and thanks to Suraj and John for responding too!  I truely appreciate you spending time to help me out. Much gratitude. Have a great rest of your week!

Sincerely,

--Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool @Brad.H,

Glad to be of service. It's working great on my PC, as well. Enjoy your day today.

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines