• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG PPro v13: No audio on project open (2-3 restarts required)

Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On newly created projects, Premiere will not play audio unless you restart the app 2-3 times.

I've got this problem since PPro v12 (cc 2018) and still has not been fixed by Adobe.

Oh.. and before someone ask if I cleared my media cache files:

The only thing I haven't done is literally buy a new computer and try installing Premiere there!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

After many experiments, I finally solved my problem!

Premiere was randomly switching from Adobe Desktop Audio in playback options to NDI output.

I uninstalled NDI Tools and since then everything seems normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the audio hardware settings in the Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like this could be a configuration issue.

More information is needed.

Are you on Mac or Windows?

What kind of sound card are you using, speakers, etc?

Can you share a screenshot of your audio hardware preferences?

Lastly, when you cleared your cache did you delete the media cache and media cache database folders or did you clean up the media cache using the option inside Premiere Pro?

Wes Howell

Premiere Pro Quality Engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will provide more information.

First of all, It affects all 3 computers I'm using. Both Windows and Mac.

My main machine is on Windows 10, using Focusrite Forte as my audio interface.

My secondary machine is a Mac Pro 2013 using Steinberg UR22 audio inteface.

My third machine is on Windows 10, using internal Realtek sound card.

Here is my audio settings on the main machine:

audio.PNG

When I start a new project with newly imported media, sometimes audio will not play, unless restarting Premiere.

Audio meters also don't show any activity despite the fact that the clip I'm playing has audio.

If I open the same project again, I still don't have audio. After 2-3 restarts, audio usually comes back.

I've tried all of the following with no success:

1. Solo-unsolo trick (used to fix the problem back in 12.0.0)

2. Delete Media cache files by manually deleting my cache paths (both from my SSD and C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common)

3. Delete my settings by manually deleting C:\Users\{user}\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\13

4. Reinstall Premiere from scratch.

It's clearly NOT a configuration problem. It's a problem acknowledged by Adobe back in version 12.0.0 that was never fixed despite what Adobe says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The solo / unsolo issue was an unfortunate bug that we have resolved.    As long as you open older projects, solo / unsolo then save, that bug should be resolved.

I suspect the issue here could be related to audio settings and I would expect to potentially see at least somewhat different behaviors between the machines you mentioned.    I'm not super familiar with the device on your main machine.   Are you able to select different settings for your master clock?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, wolfkain.

Did your audio issues get solved? Let us know if they didn't and we'll find another option for you.

Thanks!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no.

I've tried everything.

When I have some time I will prepare a video with this as well as other unsolved issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please do, a video and complete explanation of how you have audio routed in your workspace will help immensely (as of right now there isn't enough info for us to try and diagnose the problem).  There was a bug with the soloing of tracks but that has been fixed since 12.1.2.  You mention that 3 separate computers are not playing back audio on both Windows and Mac.  Which makes me think that it is something globally with how you have all these systems set up.

Are you working from networks storage? 

Do you have the sound cards using an external audio clock or an clock that isn't internal?

Are you using some sort of screen sharing software that might render the audio in a different way?

Are you using a 3rd party audio routing software (like Soundflower on Mac) that might interfere with the audio sub-systems of the Computers?

That is just a handful of potential questions.  If you need our help here, please provide more details to your entire setup.  Even a cell phone video posted to YouTube going over your setup and running though the bug will help a bunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After many experiments, I finally solved my problem!

Premiere was randomly switching from Adobe Desktop Audio in playback options to NDI output.

I uninstalled NDI Tools and since then everything seems normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines