• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG? PrPro 2017.1 and Tangent Elements surface in Lumetri Color Wheel mode

LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On beginning to work today in the new drop of Premiere Pro CC 2017.1, I quickly found an oddity, and after several hours working on it, filed a bug report. I'm using a Tangent Elements panel (also a Ripple, but I didn't try that one today) on an i7 system, Win10, 32G RAM, GTX 970 GPU. And running the latest Tangent Hub mapping software, version 1.3.1.

It works just fine until you go to the Lumetri panel's Color Wheel tab. Where it goes bizarre.

If you access the Color Wheels tab via the Elements control buttons as one does normally, that surface works as expected but closes the Color wheel tab of the Lumetri panel. So you can't see the UI for the color wheels as you work.

If you click on the Color Wheels tab of the UI to open it to see the controls represented there, it opens ... but puts the Elements surface into Editing mode.

The other sections of the Lumetri panel work as expected.

There are MANY standard editing features avialable with the Elements panel, but I haven't tested to see if any of those are not working correctly. I don't know if I'll have time to do that before heading off to NAB this Sunday.

And I'm curious if anyone else has the same issue ...

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: after re-starting the computer a few times, this definitely is an issue.

Further, in testing with the Ripple unit, this is also an issue with that device. So it seems it is something to do with the way the internal calls for the tools within PrPro have been changed between 17.0 and 17.1.

With the Ripple, as you tab down through the Lumetri tabs using the B button, when you get to the Color Wheels tab, the Lumetri panel collapses but the heads-up display for the Tangent Hub mapper shows the Ripple in C-W mode as expected. If you then click the UI to open the user interface for the color wheels, the heads-up shows that the Ripple has just been shifted to Editing mode.

Just like the Elements panel.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue on my Mac setup. I'm running OSX 10.11.6 on a MacPro5,1, 28gb RAM, Nvidia K5000 and latest tangent mapping software on my ripple. Already using a lot of the new motion graphic features in 2017.1 would hate to loose them to switch back to an older version of premiere, but color wheels are a bigger priority over motion graphics. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been told this has gotten to the Team. I'm here in Vegas for NAB, heading over to the show floor in a bit, I'll see if the engineers here have anything to say on the timeline for this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck at NAB? I'm about to switch back to an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what was said, both Adobe and Tangent are aware. But it could be a few weeks before this gets fixed. I'll just say the color wheels are fully functional,  you just don't see the UI for them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticing a similar issue here. Using the wheels just fine, but doesn't look like it's changing any of Lumetri's UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tangent mapper and PrPro Lumetri are currently not seeing eye-to-eye on displaying within the UI what the Tangent unit's balls/dials/rings are doing in Color Wheel mode.

So ... if you've got Lumetri in Color Wheels mode, it ain't workin'. In the Editing mode, they work.

And "the fix" is supposed to be soon, which is never publicly defined.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really hope this gets fixed.

I also found that selecting color wheels in Lumetri the wheels jump to zero when you touch one of them. 

I found a thread on another website where someone from Tangent responded saying they looked into the issue, but it's a Premiere issue that Adobe needs to address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ... and up above, there's a link to the bug report form ... please fill that out and send it off!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did fill out a bug report. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's a year later now and this doesn't seem to be fixed (Premiere CC18). Altough I only use virtual Tangent as an app on my tablet, I can't seem to get Color Wheels to work at all... every other function works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have the VS, though ... I use the full Elements daily, and the Ripple a couple times a week or so. They're functioning just perfectly with 2018 on my Win10 desktop  ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines