• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a line of dead pixels in camera footage be fixed?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was unfortunately not picked up during filming, but we have a line of dead pixels in some of our key scenes for our movie. The editor sent me a reference shot. It runs the width of the screen. Cropping in would be a last resort because it would give us no wide options as it is quite far up the screen. Trying not to panic, I have seen a number of forums about fixing dead spot pixels. However, I can't seem to find anything which would resolve a full line. It's in the same place on all the shots. We filmed in 6k raw RED and want to export 1080p HD. Using Premiere Pro for the edit, but also have access to AE and Da Vinci. If anyone has any suggestions or can point us in the right direction, I would be most grateful. Thanks, AyeshaPHOTO-2022-06-04-19-14-35.jpg

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE's cc wire removal works well and can go full screen width. also, you may need to stay away from sharpening that area and even use a very wide mask with like a 3 inch super gradual transition of softness because the human eye is very sensitive to sharpness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! And do you think a mask would pass QC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. And do you think it would pass QC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i think QC doesn't like flicker, so it really depends on how well you hide the blending temporarily. i can't give a definite statement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines