• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I listen to Music while in working with Premiere?

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is that feature coming? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Mr Clown, as for now, when you start editing a video, the music you're lisening from youtube or something else is faded, like it's in background, and I could not find how to disable this option.

And obviously, "seriously" didn' thelp me as an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Zeneth29398309elup please see the reply (read the full reply) by Kevin-Monahan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I did, but he advises to use a mobile device, which isn't really what I am looking for.
What I want to know if there is an option to make premiere pro stop messing with my music, or if not.

I also know you can mess with audio source or something, but I'm looking for the existence (or not) of a plain regular option ♥

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of material are you working with? Don't you need to monitor audio as you edit? For me, listening to music would be very distracting, especially for dialog and music mixing. I would avoid listening to music while editing unless the material I was working with very mundane and audio is not really an issue (we've all been there). I have been known to have a sporting event on in the background when I am editing something very boring, so it's OK. 

Linus, what you might do is use a mobile device to serve up your music instead of trying to change your Audio Hardware preferences back and forth. That's what I would probably do. However, every feature request is considered; make yours here.

Thanks for much for your question.

Kind Regards,
Kevin Monahan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something here? Premiere doesn't lock up your system audio, so just launch any application that you want to play your music from and go nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats what im constantly asking myself while working with Adobe Software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premiere stops my spotify playback while its window is active. what kind of an intelligent feature is that supposed to be? and true the other thing is the need to always manually configure the audio device - most of the time i want to just use my windows default audio setting and not have to configure it everytime i plug or unplug in my headphones. I can still set it up manually if i need to like in any other cheap program no? And there are just so many of those poorly set up things in adobe software.. f.e. right now: my premiere workspace is gone again, what else do i need the cloud for - if not for the most basic setting of the program to be synced? And now i have to google again in what hole a workspace file is buried which seems to change with every update.. I have done this already at least 3 times now for Indesign, Premiere, Illustrator and Photoshop - each. Some much for explaining my somewhat irrate response..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere should not be stopping playback from any app when it's active. You can play audio from multiple apps simultaneously, along with Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just tested it.  launched premiere, started spotify playing, switched back to premiere and played my timeline with audio.  Heard both spotify music and my dialog from premiere...  I'm on premiere 23.2. on a macstudio running ventura.  Although as you've seen with some of the other posts, I'd never want to do this...  listening to unrelated music would throw off my sense of the visual rhythm...  bwdik.  How does your setup differ from mine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines