• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Airdrop premiere Project exported as mp4: "Failed to save item. Save to iCloud Drive Instead?"

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exported a video from Premier Pro 19 as an mp4 file. When I try to Air Drop the mp4 to my iPhone, I get this message on my phone: "Failed to save item. Save to iCloud Drive Instead?" Why wouldn't I be able to AirDrop this to my photos in a normal manner? Is anyone able to airdrop their Premier Pro exported projects to their iOS device?

IMG_5349 2.PNG

People have posted this question, but I found no clear answer:

Can't airdrop premeire pro 18 projects to iphone help

Premier Pro Video Failing airdrop

UPDATE:

I was able to airdrop it when I followed these sequence settings and export settings.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

I think I found it! — I was having the SAME problem. I switched this ONE thing and suddenly it worked! 

Change your field order to Progressive

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 4.01.55 PM.png

Hope this Helps!  

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The progressive field did not work for me but this video fixed the issue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7g2t2WIUFg

Thank you for watching, I hope this tutorial helped you fix this issue with airdrop! FOR CREATORS & ARTISTS: I just launched my digital product website to help artists and creatives make original promo content for their Instagram pages at a very low rate! Check it out here: ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue for a while and just found the solution. I was already using a progressive field order, with no luck. Export your video in H.265. It worked like a charm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having this problem again with the latest update as of June, 2023. I tried using the export settings above but it still didn't work. I re-encoded/exported it through the program, "Handbrake" and that seemed to fix the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 here. Was CONSTANTLY running into the same issue and tried eveerything from lowering file sizes in the PP export window, to Media Encoder, and eveeryhting in between. Finally, I tried the quicktime hack. Open 4K video in Quicktime > File > Export as > 4K > Choose location and export as HEVC (Most important) 

It should AirDrop after that. Hopefully this helps! (Feels like everyone says that at the end KEKW)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been trying to airdrop from an external HD and have been getting the failed error. I just dropped the file on my desktop and tried again, AND IT WORKED! not sure why. But maybe that can help someone else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines