• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't apply "constant power" between clips in Premiere Pro CC 2018

Explorer ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot apply the "constant power" transition between two specific clips Adobe CC 2018.

"Show Audio Time Units" is not toggled on, and as far as I can determine there is no gap between the clips (see screenshot).

constant-power-problem-01.jpg

Neither can constant power be dragged to straddle the clips using the effects controls, nor is there any option in the effects controls panel to center constant power at the cut when constant power is highlighted - the option is grayed out (see screenshot).

constant-power-problem-02.jpg

"Constant Power" can be dragged onto each clip individually, which as I understand means the problem is not the length of the clips.

Is there something simple I am missing, or is this a bug?!

Please help! I'm at a loss, and I really need to finish this project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

I believe this may be happening because you do not have enough handles / trimmed area in your clips.

As a test, can you trim the clips more, line them up and see if the transition will then work?

Wes Howell

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have two transitions applied. One on the left clip and one on the right clip

Delete both.

Then drag constant power over the cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I am aware that two transitions are applied. I specifically applied one "constant power" transition to each clip to demonstrate that it could be done in the screenshot.

Again, a single "constant power" transition CANNOT BE APPLIED between these two clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are certain there is no gap.

Reset preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this may be happening because you do not have enough handles / trimmed area in your clips.

As a test, can you trim the clips more, line them up and see if the transition will then work?

Wes Howell

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see that there is a solution to this, but why should we have to trim in that way, should'nt it just work when we apply it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

univexv58830006  wrote

"Constant Power" can be dragged onto each clip individually, which as I understand means the problem is not the length of the clips.

Are you sure about that? I can't drag Constant Power between two clips that have no extra frames (handles), but I can drag it to each even though there are no extra frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'll be darned, it was the handles - thanks. I trimmed both clips up by exactly one frame on the adjoining ends and it worked (see screenshot).

constant-power-fixed.jpg

This, however, makes my match cut a bit off. Is there any way to fix this problem and keep the same cut point in my clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, saved me today, exactly my problem, one frame didn't matter, the audio/video I relinked as seperate, Razored the cut after checking I was on Frame Display on timeline. Then Ripple Deleted the razored frame, 

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here's what I used for a workaround. I'm posting this just in case someone else has the same issue with constant power and wants to fix it without deleting frames from their edit.

(1) Mark in and out points on the timeline at the beginning and ending of the problem clips.

(2) Mute all other audio tracks.

(3) Export waveform audio only.

(4) Import the new .wav file.

(5) Delete the two old audio clips from the timeline and replace them with the new single .wav file.

(5) Split the new .wav file at the desired cut point.

(6) Apply constant power to the cut point of the newly split audio clip.

It's convoluted, but it allowed me to keep my clips cut at exactly the same point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines