• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Create In and Out Points For Merged Clips in the Source Monitor

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem started for me after the most recent big software update to version 14 and has continued with the subsequent smaller updates. When I create a Merged audio/video clip, the in and out points don't work when I'm viewing them in the Source Monitor. When I try to set the ins or outs using either the keyboard or mouse, nothing happens. As a workaround I've been dragging the clips into the timeline and trimming them that way. But I'd prefer to be able to make those super basic trims in the source monitor. Has anyone else been having this issue? Just want to make sure it's the software itself and not something on my end. Using the most recent 2019 MacBook Pro. 

TOPICS
Editing , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your Premiere Preferences?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice the same. Even after resetting prefs. As soon as you merge a clip, the ability to give ins and outs goes away. I have to quit and restart the program as a workaround in order to edit with those merged clips properly. Has anyone at Adobe recognized or commented on this? It's definitely some kind of glitch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd .. not having this issue.

What's the gear and media, just curious if there's something there that's glitching things?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Do you find aa solution?

thanks

marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I teach at a post secondary institute and we have 25 i7 Quad Core iMacs running Big Sur with version 2021 of Premier.  Everytime we merge clips, we have this issue with all systems, so it is not hardware based.  We have found 2 workarounds.  Rename the clip once it has been created or restarting Premier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like restarting Premiere often works... 😉

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming worked for me 😄 Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear 😉

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines