Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get DJI footage to play in Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I've had this problem recently where I can't get footage shot on my Mavic or my Osmo to playback in Premiere. I've been shooting on my Mavic for over a year and never had this issue. I've done everything I can think of. I updated my drivers, updated premiere, cleared my cache. I've even deleted and reinstalled Premiere and my graphics drivers with no luck. I worked with support and they basically told me just to run it off the software rather than my graphics card, but if I do it that way, I can't get anything to render anyways.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Hi stetzonb48674667,

Thanks for confirming that. We are investigating a similar issue with previews. Please try these steps and check if it helps in getting the preview restored.

• If the preview resolution of Source/Program monitor is set at fractional value (1/2, 1/4, 1/8), then set it to Full.
  • Click the wrench icon in the Source/Program monitor and enable High Quality Playback.
  • If you are still facing the issue, set the Renderer to  Mercury Playback Engine Software Only (FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I found a fix from this very helpful video on YouTube. For me, selecting Full res playback didn't work. Neither did setting High Quality Playback. However, randering the footage did work. Have gotten so used to not rendering footage throughout the edit that it's become a non-thing now. If you don't want to render the entire project (For me would have taken 2 hours), just select In/Out points on the timeline and then go to Sequence >> Render In to Out

That took WAY longer that it shoudl have done...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-PGOVCWEjk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @First-Light,

Yes, rendering highly compressed footage is recommended for a smoother editing experience. I like to transcode or create proxies on ingest, which you can enable in Project Settings > Ingest Settings. That way, you won't have to render the timeline before playing it back smoothly. Let me know if you need more info on how to do that. Hope the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use proxies. I always have. I have 2 sets of drone footage from separate parts of the day, both with identical settings. Fist set (6 clips) plays fine, the other (3 clips) doesn't play at all in program monitor. Both have proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's kinda odd. Are they ProRes proxies or H.264 ones? I always recommend ProRes proxies. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok now that's an interesting question. I have 2 different types. I have .mp4's which are low in capacity and I have QT Movies which are much bigger! I think you may have found the issue! 

Firstly, thank you!

Secondly, which setting should I use for mp4s?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, pro editors never use the H.264 proxies unless absolutely necessary. Use ProRes. You can always delete them later to recover drive space. In fact, you should as part of the project archival process.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, I could find the solution.

Right-click the sequence>Choose Render and Replace>Click on Format and choose the first Option. 

Working like a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines