• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAN'T IMPORT PRESETS INTO PREMIERE!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded a free preset online to make a distortion effect for my video so i don't have to waste time doing it myself. To use the preset, one should simply right click presets under the effects tab and click 'import presets', and click on the downloaded preset. When i do this, however, the pack with the effects doesn't show up like it should, in fact, nothing happens at all, and there's no sign of the effects pack i downloaded anywhere. IS THERE SOMETHING IM MISSING?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

I have no trouble importing them either.

Maybe resetting preferences:

Rename 11.0 folder to Old_11.0 in

Windows:  C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0

Mac:      Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 11.0

Make new project (dont open old) and see if you can import the preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is something freely available, something that doesn't cost money, I can test it here if you post the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They worked fine for me as well.  Showed up in the Presets bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they presets or LUTs?

From going to that website, the package is LUTs ... cubes with the .edl format.

They won't show in a presets search because they neither have the proper preset extension, nor are they presets.

A preset is a set of instructions as to how a particular control is supposed to be set ... but you can then go to the control and modify everything you want.

A LUT is a Look Up Table ... it's just data as to how the video signal prior to the LUT is to be changed by the LUT.

And would be used in the Basic tab's Input LUT slot, and/or the Creative tab's Look slot.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They shouldn't be LUT'S, they should be presets. When i download them they have the .prfpset extension. Is this the right extension for presets? Also, from the tutorial from the same site, they have no problem downloading and importing these .prfpset files into the presets folder and using them. When i do the same thing nothing happens. Can be seen here if it helps (@ 30sec is where what he does doesn't happen for me) Installing and Using Premiere Pro Presets | Motion Array

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the site, downloaded ... copied the file out downloads to the desktop, then right-clicked Unzip, then went back to PrPro and did the Presets/Import thing ... and there it was. Selected, and voila, they appeared on my Effects panel.

Did you unzip them? It's about the only thing I can think of ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I tried that. And its not working for me honestly...Is there another method you can think about?

- Junior The Mechanic - 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to uzip them.. And the Unzipping part works but I cant get the files to show up in premiere pro.. Any ideas would be appreciated. - Junior The Mechanic -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread. I would suggest starting a new, detailed post on exactly what you are trying to do, including the source of the presets and where you are trying to install them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesnt work cant even see premirere pro 

Moderator note: this is an old thread. Please create a new thread with proper details of the trouble you are having so we other users can help you.

Thread locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no trouble importing them either.

Maybe resetting preferences:

Rename 11.0 folder to Old_11.0 in

Windows:  C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0

Mac:      Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 11.0

Make new project (dont open old) and see if you can import the preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, that actually worked! There should be no reason why you have to though, the adobe products can get pretty annoying sometimes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a comment on 3rd part Presets.

Find some way of managing and filing them so they can be re located and reinstalled,,, in case next versions of PPro do not carry them through.

This can cause legacy projects to have issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now where. i made a new folder in Douments > Adobe > Premiere Pro > Old_14.0. There is new stuff there. How do i import my presets now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still doesn't work for me. When I import my presets that I've found online it comes up with a folder for the preset, but there's nothing in the folder. The effect preset is not there. I have reset my preferences by pressing alt during the loading screen for premiere pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you fixed this if so how

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem and have no clue on how to fix it. Have you found a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they presets you're trying to import that you've made, or presets from some place you've bought or got them from?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how to do this mind telling me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But i don't have 11.0 folder 

I have 14.0 folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you find the solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too when i import, they dont come up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this doesnt work for me. help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines