• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAN'T IMPORT PRESETS INTO PREMIERE!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded a free preset online to make a distortion effect for my video so i don't have to waste time doing it myself. To use the preset, one should simply right click presets under the effects tab and click 'import presets', and click on the downloaded preset. When i do this, however, the pack with the effects doesn't show up like it should, in fact, nothing happens at all, and there's no sign of the effects pack i downloaded anywhere. IS THERE SOMETHING IM MISSING?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

I have no trouble importing them either.

Maybe resetting preferences:

Rename 11.0 folder to Old_11.0 in

Windows:  C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0

Mac:      Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 11.0

Make new project (dont open old) and see if you can import the preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are unable to import presets because it doesn't showing when you try to
import .

This is because of the extension .
Steps to fix it .

1. Copy your preset into your smartphone , install Zarchiever (it is a file
manager) from playstore .
2. Open Zarchiever and find your preset , long press on it and click on
rename .
3. Now simply if there is any extension like .xml then changed it to
.prfpset .
4. Its done send this file to your pc and now import .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you dont have a phone that you can use for that?

(ignore my username it was a button mash some how ended up with it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to Download android emulator first in your PC & then download
Zarchiever in it . Now you can follow the same steps as mentioned earlier .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also i dont think that would work because my presets are already .prfpset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this worked, thanks man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Agustin,

Sorry about that! Has Premiere Pro worked on your computer in the past? What has occurred since then?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I tried to rename 15.0 file name to Old_15.0 but the problem still persists. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried everything and i mean everything i see here and nothing has worked my problem is when i go to import a preset i you know click the three bars and import a preset select my preset and the folder for that preset SHOWS UP but i click it nothings in it and when i search for the preset it says its in the folder with nothing in it im confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant import this preset from a youtube tutorial, I have downloaded the prfpset version and when i try to import nothing happens, when i searched it it wasnt there.
file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19nx2M7XhFyQPtJD5B5n7lnruUgfulcGZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally when you download presets online, the files are put into a .zip format to make the files smaller. Adobe, and most other applications, will not let you import .zip files - so you will first need to extract the files.  I'm assuming you didn't do that, which is why when you go to import the presets, the files doesn't even show up. Luckily, extraction is easily done! Simply look up online how to extract a file, as it will be easier than me explaining it here. Good luck:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PP CS6 and I am trying to import presets and I have unzipped my file, I have changed my 15.0 to Old_15.0, I have changed my extension to .prfpset and my imported presets will not show in PP.  Can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we just take a moment and make the assumption that we aren't all that um...for lack of a better word...daft? Not sure what else to say. Even unzipped files are being ignored by my PremierePro 22, with the correct file extension names etc... I've been struggling with it for two days now. The steps are simple but Adobe...as usual...makes everything much more difficult than it has to be. The steps should literally be this simple:

1. download presets

2. Go to effects>presets>import

3. Locate files (unzipped, of course)
4. My PremierePro refuses to see the files even though they're plainly visible in my downloads or, wherever I store them. Adobe may make robust products but they fail hard when it comes to usage. 

Adobe really needs to start making their products more user friendly. There is an audience that is forced and shoved into using Adobe with 0 training and experience. The product is NOT created to help those with 0 experience or knowledge. I literally waste HOURS scouring the internet for help, tutorials, videos etc... and it's a waste of my life. 

Hence presets that are supposed to make my life easier. Adobe manages to screw that up too so...winning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My presets are all working, but for quite a few users, getting presets into Premiere is an annoyance to an outright nightmare.

@sumeetg  or @Kevin-Monahan  ... do you two have any ideas?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree extremely. I was really excited to start editing but when I realized I couldnt even import my third part presets that I bought, instantly my mood turned bitter and stale.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What presets, where did you buy them? And what is their installation process?

Have you contacted the supplier?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the Fontasm preset pack by Nick Columbini on Instagram. He has tutorials on his page on how to use them but not specifically on how to download them. Though on one of his videos you can see he has the presets already imported into his preset effects tab. Which are all .mov files. I brought it up to him and he seemed to not understand or care that I was having download issues, as he just reccomended I download the h.264 version of the pack instead of the Pro res version. The way I knew this wasnt the issue is because when I first tried to solve the problem by changing the file  properties, I seen that the Pro Res download were also h.264, just better quality. So now Im here praying for a blessing. I can send/show you some attachments if you would like to get a better understanding of my attempt step by step. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As these are actually video files, NOT normal "presets", the process is different.

When you download them, I'm presuming they extract with a full folder tree setup ... so go to your Premiere project, create a bin for these, and in that bin, right-click/Import ...

... navigate to the TOP folder for those files, and Import. It should take all subfolders and bring them into Premiere as shown in his tutorial.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I was under the notion that it needed to be in effects. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, easy to be confused. That's an intriguing thing he's done there, but yea, it's all video files.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an online store that sells "presets" in .prfpset files. For one of my products, I have had two people in the last few days that mentioned that all but two .prfpset files do not import properly into Premiere Pro. All the files I create work perfectly for me and others. I've attempted multiple things but the same result occurs for my two customers, both customers and I have the newest update for Premiere Pro currently. I've looked in this page and nothing seems to answer what I am looking for. Could someone please explain this phenomenon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us about the presets ... what are they? And what hardware are you on, what are the problematic ones on?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines