• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot export my project due to missing font

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to export my videos in Media Encoder they fail and the only reason I get is that I am missing the font Bebas Neue, which I have activated and am not even using in the projects. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the font, restarting my computer each time. My Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder are both completely up to date. How do I get my videos to export?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023
Try copying just the sequence to a new project

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win or Mac, specs, etc. Which version of PP. (Using the # in Help/About)

Can you locate the graphic that is causing the problem. Delete it, recreate it, etc... make a copy of your project to do this stuff, till you figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10, Premiere Pro 2020 64 bit. I am pretty sure I found the problematic graphic and I have tried these methods, still no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting exactly the same problem three years later. Adobe, please, wake-up !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm...usually when I get messages about missing fonts, even if I'm not using that font, Premiere Pro and Media Encoder still export fine with a warning message. But in your case, it's not exporting at all? Do you have any After Effects projects imported via Dynamic Link or anything that might be linked to that project that has Bebas Neue font in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked through everything imported and linked to the project three times and no sign of the font anywhere. And I did get the warning message but when I tried to export it failed. Have gone through all of my texts three times and no sign of Bebas Neue anywhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I too keep having constant and annoying issues over exporting due to missing fonts, even though I have the font and/or didn't use it.  My video will export for a while and then partly through tell me I have to re-start due to a font I am not even using. I consider this a bug since it such an annoying time waster without any real path to resolving it effectively.

The only thing I can think of suggesting is since sometimes we make nests or initial graphics using default fonts and then change it later on, maybe somewhere in your bins an element is referencing that.  The only solution I can see to that is using Project Manager to copy and collect the project to a folder, where you only selected the sequence you care about (and any internal nests).  That way, at least you are sure to be only dealing with the material you are using, not something in one of your bins you are not using.  Just an idea, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In "Graphics and Titles" I used "Replace Fonts in Projects" and substituted the "Bebas" and the "SourceSansPro Bold" fonts by "Hobo Std Medium" -- which works fine -- and still got the crach while exporting.

Finally, I even deleted all titles from the sequence, and still got the same crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issues. I've been reinstalling the font, it works fine inside premiere, but the varning appears in media encoder. Even after i've replaced the font in the project, and it's not used any more, the varning inside encoder reapears on every export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try the Media Encoder preference 'Import Sequences Natively' I usually have mine checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here. Using dynamic linking in Premiere Pro from After Effects. No missing fonts in AE, no missing fonts in Premiere. Yet on export I'm getting a pop up warning about missing fonts (that are not even present in any of the projects) and the export fails near the end.

Sometimes I get a pop up when I open Premiere Pro about a font replacement warning--again, not a font that is used anywhere within the project or within the dynamically-linked AE projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the most annoying thing to me when working with Premiere and/or Media Encoder is this relentlessly annoying font replaced/font missing warnings and holdups.  If my sequence plays fine and there are no probles I would expect the software to export it without worrying about possible font issues that don't affect playback on the timeline ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been over a year - can we have a resolution please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just hit this issue after a update yesterday for all the apps ! silly me - 16/7/2023 still an issue removed the fonts - reinstalled through the cloud app - shows installed but will the encoder work - nope still gives a warning not installed - sequence exports but not the full file - just 40mins of the full 1 hour! exporting directly now see what happens 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue since Friday

did you have any luck into fixing it?

I'm going crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leave creative cloud app running in background.
That’s how i fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!!!! After reading all of the threads online, I Found nothing that worked! BUT!!!! There is a solution, When I went into creative cloud it showed that  BEBAS NEUE Was activated along with the family of fonts. BUT when I went into the bebas neue font it and scrolled down there were 3 fonts in that family (under details) that were  still deactivated as I have not used them in a long time. I turned each of them back on, and it finally exported without a warning! Hope this helps! I will attach a picture to show 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting your solution.  Although I get the missing font message when I load a couple of projects, I never have a problem exporting the sequence cause I'm guessing I'm not using that font in the sequence.    When I did get the error message that prevented me from exporting, I remember that I was usually solved by switching from directly exporting from premiere to queueing to media encorder or vice versa... can't remember which.  Not a good sign.  sucks getting old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is of incorrectly reporting missing fonts seems fine when exporting from Premiere Pro, but when queueing in Media Encoder there are still issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work-out for me, neither while exporting or queuing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good it worked for you, but I'm not working in the cloud.

I cannot understand that Adobe launches templates with fonts that are not available for everyone. Or is it a mean marketing trick ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to creative cloud, added the fonts that Media Encoder didn't see by clicking on the "F" button in the upper right hand side of Creative Cloud app and it's all back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this solution worked for me! Go into creative cloud, click "f" in upper right corner (for fonts) and make sure the active fonts slider on the left of the screen is ticked. My fonts immediately reappeared in my video. Thanks!!! Life saver!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, thanks. Opening for the first time seems to have initiated a syncing that made the font available in Encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines