• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Get 60FPS To Play at Normal Speed

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently shot a lot of footage using a Panasonic GH5 at 1080P and 60FPS but I cannot get it to play at normal speed within Premier Pro CC 2017. I am trying to mix it with footage shot at 29.97FPS so first I imported the 29.97FPS footage and let Premier Pro create a new timeline for me with sequence settings of 29.97FPS to match the first imported clip, then I added the 60FPS footage to the timeline.

Everything I read says the footage should playback at normal speed but it does not. It plays back at half speed, also in the media bin it still shows the original duration of the clip, I would think it should show a clip half the length of the original clip if the speed was doubled. If I go in and manually set the Speed/Duration to 200% then the clip looks normal but I should not have to do this and I think it will be choppy when I render to output.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time working with 60FPS footage and I just cannot figure out why it is only playing in slow motion. I also tried a 60FPS timeline/sequence but it did the same thing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Did you record the file natively at 60fps, or overcranked 60fps to 29.97?

Operational Video - LUMIX DC-GH5 - How to set the Variable Frame Rate (VFR) mode to record in Slow Motion - Panasonic Ca…

If over cranked, the camera will output the file at 29.97, with the slow motion baked in.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you record the file natively at 60fps, or overcranked 60fps to 29.97?

Operational Video - LUMIX DC-GH5 - How to set the Variable Frame Rate (VFR) mode to record in Slow M...

If over cranked, the camera will output the file at 29.97, with the slow motion baked in.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was recorded natively at 60FPS, below is a screen shot of the codec information.

CodecInformation.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new, empty sequence, and drag the clip from the Project to the timeline, match the sequence settings to the source clip - does it work correctly in this test sequence?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meg, you are a genius, I was trying to update my reply after checking the camera settings but you replied too quickly. But you are correct, while trying to learn all of the menus and settings, I turned on variable frame rate; somehow though it even cranked out the footage at 60FPS. I'm coming from a Canon world where these settings did not exist and I had no idea I had accidentally set it up that way. It looks like I'm going to have to stick with 200% speed and hope optical flow will hide any choppiness.

Thank you so much for your help. I will definitely never use that setting again, it completely ruins post processing flexibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meg,

I recently shot an event an accidentally changed my format settings to 60p/24fps. I'm having trouble getting the video to playback at a normal speed. I've tried increasing the speed/duration 250%, 250.2% I've interpreted the footage, and it still seems incorrect. I also have the challenge of needing to sync audio manually as it dumped the in-camera audio.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Christopher.a.brown  wrote

I recently shot an event an accidentally changed my format settings to 60p/24fps.

Not sure what this means. What is the frame rate of the material and what is the frame rate of the sequence you are editing?

If you shot @ 60fps and are editing at 24fps, all you need to do is edit the source material to the timeline - Premiere will drop the unnecessary frames automatically. You don't need to modify the source clip ​unless​ you want to do slow motion.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines