• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot set my RME RayDAT to Premiere.

Guide ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can I not select my HDSP RME card please? It is there in the lists, but when I try to set it, all that happens is I get a warning screen that this may affect things, and when that is closed it is still at ASIO Duplex - the crappiest mode there is, and as I do not use that I am stuffed.

It used to work before my HDD died and I had to reinstall everything to a new HDD.

Why can I not select my card please?

Windows 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

O-kay.

I found a "solution" - completely disable the Waves SoundGrid ADC/DAC in Control Panel in the OS, and then it will allow me to set the RayDAT. This is appalling, as ASIO devices should be utterly independent of the OS, as I do not use System Sounds, and for all on-board stuff I use the Waves SoundGrid because it works via the RME card (it's complicated, but suffice it to say it ain't a RealTek onboard chip or a damned soundblaster - the RME card was £500 and the Waves IOS box much more. Having to disable the Waves IOS box is a bodge, not a solution. For a professional app, the audio handling in Premiere is very consumer grade at best and frankly feels like an afterthought as if Audio is not important, only the video - yet when was the last time anyone watched a film with the sound down?

ASIO devices should be able to set exclusive or non exclusive, plus there should be an option to release ASIO driver in the background but I cannot find these options.- Iam sure that it was not this dreadful before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines