• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2015.4 Memory Leak

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason my project was fine before the update from 2015.3 to 2015.4. Now my memory fills up, on the same project, and eventually crashes after 5-10 minutes into it. I have 32GB and have never had this issue, even on much larger projects.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 21, 2016 Aug 21, 2016

I have a workaround for those experiencing memory issues when opening larger projects that were created in earlier versions and migrated to 2015.4.

I had this issue too with a doc feature project (pretty huge) and figured out the issue happens when Premiere is simultaneously trying to load a large number (thousands) of asset files into the project *and* simultaneously creating peak/media cache files.

So the trick is to force it to tackle those things separately - so I developed this workaround. No

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. On last thursday update to 2015.4, and the overflow memory starts. Especialy when i open encoder and starts any render.

nvidia gtx 960

16gb ram

Windows 10

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same memory issues here, i just started a new project cause old one could not load, after importing first AVCHD card , and tried to import second one, memory usage went from 4gb to 9 gb, no issues on last version of premiere.

My rig windows 10x64 last updates

nvidia driver 368.39

i7 cpu 2600

16gb ram

nvidia 660ti

ssd evo 840 250 gb system

hdd seagate 7200rpm

If i have a chrome browser opened my video driver is crashing and screens are turning black and i have to reset pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed installing a previous version. 2015.3

Un saludo,

Borja Brun

Producción

Barrio do Outeiro, 28

36940 Cangas de Morrazo

Pontevedra - España

Telf/Fax: 986 30 10 29

Móvil: 655 24 09 79

www.comunicartegalicia.com

El 18 ago 2016, a las 14:37, borgiar8293673 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> escribió:

CC 2015.4 Memory Leak

created by borgiar8293673 in Premiere Pro - View the full discussion

Same memory issues here, i just started a new project cause old one could not load, after importing first AVCHD card , and tried to import second one, memory usage went from 4gb to 9 gb, no issues on last version of premiere.

My rig windows 10x64 last updates

nvidia driver 368.39

i7 cpu 2600

16gb ram

nvidia 660ti

ssd evo 840 250 gb system

hdd seagate 7200rpm

If i have a chrome browser opened my video driver is crashing and screens are turning black and i have to reset pc.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8949868#8949868 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8949868#8949868

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Pro by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a way to solve this problem at the time , increased the paging memory in a very high value . There was this problem in 2015.3

My project is very heavy, many sequence with many compositions . Sorry about my English.

I7 - 965 - Windows 10 - 24GB RAM - Quadro 4000

Premiere2015.4_MemoryLeak.jpgPremiere2015.4_MemoryLeak_pagefile.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 21, 2016 Aug 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a workaround for those experiencing memory issues when opening larger projects that were created in earlier versions and migrated to 2015.4.

I had this issue too with a doc feature project (pretty huge) and figured out the issue happens when Premiere is simultaneously trying to load a large number (thousands) of asset files into the project *and* simultaneously creating peak/media cache files.

So the trick is to force it to tackle those things separately - so I developed this workaround. Not sure if all these steps are necessary but this worked for me.

First of, go into preferences->memory and make sure you allocate a decent chunk to other applications. Around 1/4 of your total physical RAM. Then change the "optimize rendering for" drop-down from "performance" to "memory" - then exit out and restart Premiere to make sure this setting sticks. Also helpful to make sure your paging file is as large as you can get away with. With modern hard drives you should easily have 20 or 40Gb you can give over to this.

Create a new project file and start to import all of your assets in smallish chunks. In my project the assets were in folders according to shoot day, so I brought in each shoot day folder separately through the media browser.

What happens is that the number of files is relatively small, so Premiere gets through loading those pretty quickly, so it's not simultaneously loading and caching for an extended period.

With each batch you bring in, let it finish caching all the files before you import the next batch. Time consuming yes, but if you keep your Windows Resource Monitor (or whatever the Mac equivalent is) you'll notice that the amount of memory used is topping out at the level you specified in the Memory Preferences dialog.

Once you've reimported all your assets, use media browser to go to your old project file, and bring your old sequences into the new project. Assuming all the media is where the old project thought they were, Premiere shouldn't try to reimport any media, but instead use the media you already imported and match it up.

NB to Adobe - this workaround is a ballache and I'm *really* unimpressed as a Premiere user of some 17 years that I have to jump through these hoops just to open a project. Get it together. Seriously. Resolve is looking pretty attractive right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an ongoing problem with Premiere over the many years I've used it.  I think it went away with the last build of CS6.  But, it's been back with CC for most of its history

I'm on Mac.  When performance gets sluggish because RAM is used up, a temporary fix is to open a Terminal window, type sudo purge, and then resume work, until it happens again, which won't be long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With every update since 2015 launched, I've stumbled into more and more problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danielassault wrote:

With every update since 2015 launched, I've stumbled into more and more problems.

Same here. What's going on Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're working on a fix, Phlux.

Thank you for your patience!

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great, but it is going on for a while, not sure why it takes that long. I have problems every day, so I had to downgrade too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes also still problem with CC 2015.4 Memory Leak . Hope to be fixed soon... wasting time on try outs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also reinstalled 2015.3 Now I have audio issues back if I change the speed of the audio. At least I can work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.4 - good bug fixes, do not say anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015.4 (v10.4) also observed Leaks memory and debt Very happening File Transfer Queue for export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same probleme here.

win 10 / 64 bit / 32gb ram / i7

when i try to render a 25 minutes movie i got the message out of memory.

try to render a 1080/50 p movie. no chance. will downgrade to 10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to, that is the last stable version. I guess they are working hard to fix this problem. Or not as usual...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got exactly the same problem! I've been struggling for 3 months now and can't find any solutions to solve this issue.

I just reinstalled windows 7 on a brand new PC, then Adobe cc so there's pretty much nothing else besides me waisting time trying to work properly. I do have some Lumetri changes but no 4K.

I can barely open the project, it crashes after 2 minutes. sometimes I can work for 20min then rcashes because a lack of virtual memory. Sometimes because of something else with no error message.

I only have 2015.4 and started the project in this version.

Also the Icon Adobe Creative Cloud does not respond to any click.

- Should I reinstall evertything to a previous version?

- Does it mean all the files will be deleted if I download 2015.3?

Any suggestion is good to take! Thanks

(sorry for my approximate english)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to 2015.3 and that should solve most of your problem. You might have issues regarding presets you had in 2015.4 however at least you will be able to work. I lost AME presets and need to log in and out from CC globally in order to open some projects. But it is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same problem here. Updated to 2015.4 on my new machine and can't get in more than 30 minutes of usage before memory fills and crashes. I allocated it 8/16 GB, after originally having it at 12/16, but that didn't make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put a very high value for the memory paging , manual mode , I suggest 100GB . It was only the way I found to Premiere 2015.4 export without crashing . I am using 80GB and stopped the crashes . When realize new export video , I restart computer , because if I not do , it crashes again. I hope that Adobe resolved soon. I7 965 - 24GB Ram - Windows 10 - Quadro 4000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my post about purging RAM.  My guess is there is a Windows equivalent.

I work on Macs.  I have a utility that puts a pie chart and percentage of RAM used on my toolbar (iStat Menus).  When I notice Pr getting sluggish (ie, timeline doesn't scrub smoothly), I look at the percentage of RAM used, and it's usually 99 or 100%.  I purge RAM, and Pr behavior goes back to normal. 

The RAM gets tossed quicker with Long-GOP than intraframe, by my observations.

Seems to me that Adobe could build a script into Pr that purges the RAM in the background when the computer starts running low. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I reverted to 2015.3. Smooth as butter compared to 2015.4. Rather than increasing virtual RAM or purging manually, just revert. It's great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, wait for fixes from Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the exact same problem with a large Premiere project created in an older version.  I reverted to 2015.3 using Jonathan Mayfield's suggestion and that seems to have fixed things for the time being.

I also sent a bug report to Adobe.  As someone who works in the software industry, my advice to people on this thread is that they really need to submit bug reports if they're also experiencing this problem, so that Adobe understands how many people are experiencing this... otherwise this probably won't get prioritized on Adobe's end.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines