• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017: An unknown error occurred while opening the project.

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple days ago I spent all day editing a project. It's about 10 minutes long and consists of all iPhone videos - various frame rates and resolutions. It came out great and I closed the project for the night. The next day I came back and tried to open the project and after the loading bar completes, I get the error: An unknown error has occurred while opening the project. Other projects open normally. New projects open normally. But this one does not. I am so upset and frustrated about the lost work.

I went to my recent auto saves and they give me the same error. If I go way back in the auto saves, they will open normally but that was before many hours of additional work on the edit.

I made a new project and tried to import the old project and I get the error: The importer reported a generic error.

I used Media Browser to view the project and the window where I should see everything is blank, even after the loading bar finishes.

I used Project Repair from Digital Rebellion's Pro Maintenance Tools which thinks it has repaired the project, but I get the same error when trying to open it.

I used CS Repair from Digital Rebellion's Pro Maintenance Tools to trash Premiere preferences. No help either.

I googled the error message endlessly and although the same question has been asked, none of them got an answer.

Please advise.

Premiere 2017.0.1

macOS Sierra 10.12

2012 Mac Pro 12 core 2.4GHz

Nvidia GTX 780 6GB

32GB RAM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 234 Replies 234
Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, It is really a SHAME. and you know as an expert on this issue they

even didn't contact me even for consultation or anything.

Even I wrote them a letter to be one of their part-time support team member

and they even did not respond to my email.

The only thing they did about this issue was deleting a thread I'v created

to tell people I am available to fix such projects, without any warning or

any question !!!

God Bless You ADOBE !!!!

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 3:03 AM angusa83618842 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not enough effort made to address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohsen,

Wouldn't you be so kind to spend some time checking this project file. Me and director spent a ton of time making every cut almost perfect and now everything is lost? You are our last hope. Here is the link: https://yadi.sk/d/SFmQy5Ca8DQp1g

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you still need that file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my friend your file is not recoverable, it is incomplete unfortunately Premiere couldn't save your project completely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to open a project from 2016. I get unknown error occured.Tried opening the backups, did not work I´ve copied the file and renamed it.  Reset the settings of Premiere downloaded the latest version of Premiere.  I´ve tried to import the project in a new project. ( i get generic error) Nothing works.

Can someone give me a hand?

Regards Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohsenagha  fixed mine too.  I was a little nervous at first, but it was legitMohsenagha fixed mine too. I was a little nervous at first, but it was legit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to open a project from 2016. I get unknown error occured.Tried opening the autobackups, did not work I´ve copied the file and renamed it. Reset the settings of Premiere downloaded the latest version of Premiere. I´ve tried to import the project in a new project. ( i get generic error) Nothing works.
Can someone give me a hand?
Regards Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mohsen! You saved the hours of my work. If you got the same problem, this guy really can help you!

прим.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encoutered this same problem sometime ago. I did the same amount of searching as you did and really thought I needed to completely start over my project which was days of editing.

Then i came across this guy name Mohsen who really helped me to recover my file in a day. He was so helpful...cant thank him enough. Just email him at chooriy@gmail.com

Here's a screenshot of his work!

epic-recover.JPG

Recovered!!Screenshot (337).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines