• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 - Libraries now greyed out

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to CC 2017 today. I use libraries across all CC software to keep the brand colors on track. My library shows up and is editable: online, in photoshop, in illustrator, etc. It is greyed out INSIDE premiere pro. I've tried to create a new library to maybe wake up the panel, but nothing is working. Any advice? Is this a new hiccup due to the update or am I flat out missing a vital step in the process?Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 4.30.29 PM.png

Premiere Pro                              Photoshop                                 Illustrator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Pr does not use the colors.

The colors were not really available in Pr.

You were probably able to pick colors with a color picker from say the title or color matte, but that was a workaround.

Same goes for the color-themes they are also grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as you've no doubt figured out, it looks like the Libraries panel was not "fine tuned" for use in Premiere Pro, and so assets that PPro doesn't officially support were nevertheless available for you to use. Someone apparently "fixed" that in the 2017 release — and inadvertently broke your particular (unofficial) workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am officially informed.  thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character Styles are Ps only not Pr.

Premiere does not know character styles.

It only has Title Style which are found in the Titler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still Greyed out in the updated CC 2017...please add support for color swatches, text styles, etc. to premiere. I used rachelf92942782 and byer-video's method as well all the time for color matching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having similar issues but based on this thread, it seems they're trying to convince us that we never had these feature.

Is this being rectified?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first statement is incorrect ... they're not "trying to convince us we never had this feature". As Stefan notes above, it's that it wasn't designed by the PrPro team to use those functions, they were part of the general functioning of libraries in other apps.

So someone may have deliberately or even inadvertently modified something so we can't use some of the things we could originally with Libraries, just because it wasn't within the design parameters of the PrPro team to use those features. Which, admittedly, doesn't sound like a helpful task to have done ... not hardly.

So yes, file the bug/feature reports, and we can hope this gets expanded back to at least what was once actually usable within PrPro.

Neil

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature request sent...honestly it would be useful if it just wasn't greyed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's always a couple steps forward, then sideways ... maybe on back ... then forward again. Just ... the way it is, you know? Yea ... I'm not the most patient either!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects still has the Library "Bug/Feature", hopefully it can be easily restored in Premiere as well.Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 1.17.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us back the colors in premiere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or just remove the libraries altogether. Why have them if we cannot use them?

I just do not understand why it works for one app and not the other?  If it is showing up, then make it work, or just remove them.

When I read the initial concept of the libraries it said "Share across all adobe apps."  Just what I remember.  How it was advertised or promised to us.

Most of us do not just use our fonts, colors, files, and such in photoshop and illustrator, some of us also keep our branding in our videos and effects.

Which means as I look at my library colors, I have to copy and paste the color into the color picker. So when I use an app that allows the color libraries, I am so used to copying and pasting, that I forget this app allows it and then I wonder, "what the heck is this library thing for anyway?" what a waste of time for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

byers-video: The product team (apparently) did not consider a workflow where colors would be shared. They were thinking of assets that you'd include in a project. Make your opinion known as you've done here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

The product team does read all requests they receive through this bug/feature request channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, my faith in the Adobe team is not very strong right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround drop your colors in a Graphics.

That way you can sample the colors in Pr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a quick easy way to "drop your colors in a Graphics" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no automatism, but its really easy.

1 make a new layer (no need to be big)

2 select a region of this layer with the select-box-tool

3 hit ALT+BACKSPACE to fill this region with the current foreground-color

4 select other regions and fill them with other desired colors in the same way

5 pick the move-tool and just drag and drop the layer in the library

done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ein_Freitag: Could you please clarify instructions? I'm not sure everyone will follow your steps in Premiere Pro. For example, how and where are you creating the new layer — are you in the Essential Graphics panel? Also, dragging the layer to a library: you can now save a Graphic as a MoGrt to a Library, which is not the same as dragging to a library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These instructions are for Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry, the graphic should be done in Photoshop. Illustrator would work, too, but my instructions were for Photoshop.

The general discussion is about sharing the colors across different programs of the Adobe suite. The graphic you put in the library in Photoshop is immediately available in Premiere, too. Either to use as footage or just to use the eye-dropper to pick it's colors directly in the library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't want to presume but I got the feeling you were not talking about doing this in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a joke! I used to use this, got a clients brand colours shared by our design team and now BOOM! Can't use it. Adobe sort your shit out. Now I need to do it all manually when the feature should be there and ready to use!!

You've made something brilliant and then taken it away (accidently I guess or worse on purpose) - Stop second guessing peoples workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... a feature that was working, was turned off, because it "shouldn't" be working, but was? ... wait ... What? Am I reading that correctly?

So somebody on the team had to take time to turn something off that was working. I'm trying to think why this would occur, but I'm at a loss. Was having color themes enabled creating a bug or glitch or unintended consequence elsewhere?

If something that wasn't intended to work, WAS working, and exactly AS intended I'd think programmers and coders would throw a small-to-medium sized party when this happens.

Adobe Response: feature working as intended, and under the radar? Disable that, now.

Please correct my narrative, so I understand better. But Adobe, at the moment I'm coming to discover that the more I use your software since you went the CC subscription route, the more I find your practices and philosophies getting in the way. It's both troubling, and impacting my ability to get work done.

Read Adobe: you are making my work more difficult the more I use your products.

You need to stop, and figure out how to stop negatively impacting your software. It's becoming a serious issue that I'm going to have to address soon, and find alternatives. Because your software is becoming an anchor that's dragging me down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Adobe, at the moment I'm coming to discover that the more I use your software since you went the CC subscription route, the more I find your practices and philosophies getting in the way. It's both troubling, and impacting my ability to get work done.

Everyone's welcome to their opinion of course, but as I look at what has to be conflated to come up with this, and what has to be ignored ... sorry, seems a bit convoluted to me. I've seen people here complain that they only want CS6, which they insist Adobe should still sell in the old box, AND ... they only want CS6 with every update/upgrade that's been done in tool-sets up to the latest CC build.

No, they don't just want CS6, do they?

And the "practices and philosophies" comment ... that's a fun one to parse. So ... the EGP is largely there because of designing a new process that would work with (eventually) After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign more 'naturally'. There's a reasonable kerfluffle over the way they near hid the old Titler when they rolled out the EGP, and of course, the wish that the EGP had emerged with every possible bell & whistle already there and working.

Imperfect, therefore very human, but in it's way, a big step towards inter-operability between several major graphics apps. That's ​the​ major part of the overall Adobe "philosophy" these days, trying to integrate the mobile & desktop graphics apps for rapid cross-working. PrPro has an issue, in that the nature of their code has to be ​very​ different, because of being applied to many files per second rather than just one or two at a time. So it's a bit harder to do that integration with an NLE to a standard graphics app. Still, they're working on it.

So ... your complaint seems to be that part of the Library operability of one release (which seemed to have inadvertent activity, nothing unusual in that) which was not in the next release shows something over-arching philosophically about Adobe ... that isn't borne out in any other look at the company.

Does this seem ... perhaps ... a narrow look?

There's some things done most build I tend to think kind of ... well, dumb. And some I think pretty slick. I've noted that what one person thinks is a total waste someone else goes thank Heavens! over. Because we all use the program in different ways, and frequently for different purposes.

And after watching the Adobe development process for over 20 years, really ... I haven't seen that much difference between the pre and post CC "break". There are a couple more 'bug' fix releases per 'cycle', that's about it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines