• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2020 SUPER LAGGY

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do work in premiere 2020 and its super laggy i cant even edit a video because it was so laggy, is anyone else having these issues?!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Sam,

I had previously warned other users about mismatching the relative performance of the GPU with regards to that of the CPU. Many of the users that I responded to - and I am currently guilty of that myself - combined a relatively powerful CPU with a relative weakling of a GPU. Your system is clearly the opposite: That GPU is clearly overqualified for the CPU that you're using. Premiere Pro really works best when the relative performances of both the CPU and the GPU are closely matched. Howeve

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here. Doing an onsite quick turn highlight edit almost ended in disaster this week. Going back and forth from a Razer Blade with i7 6700/32GB RAM/RTX2080 eGPU and my desktop with an OC'd 7900x/64GB RAM/4x 1080tis. Can't even get realtime playback. I hit spacebar and it takes a solid 20 seconds to start up. Scrubbing through the timeline is near impossible and most of the time if I move the playhead it takes a good 60 seconds to update the preview window. All of this on a single stream of Sony F7 footage. Can't use my NVidia cards/ GPU playback because the preview will just go black after a few minutes and won't come back until I restart premiere. This isn't a usable editing app anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Do you guys don't care anymore ? Whats going on....

This version (2020) is so extremely buggy, it's slow, crashes, at one point my sound is gone and won't come back, glitches, its like going back 10 years ago, the time when just looking at the application made it crash, Adobe its the year 2020.

There are so many people complaining about premiere, all the editors i know switched back to 2019 and a lot switch to Avid and Blackmacig, i just reinstalled Avid again.... so long adobe.

Thanks for listening Adobe........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!!! I lost thousands of pounds because of Adobe it's ridiculous.

Simple jobs become nightmares, days of work that I can't charge my clients for. I have been under so much stress lately. Adobe has lost it, it's not stable and not reliable.

The speeds are crap, I had problems in every version, I can't save unless I create new files, just trying to open the export windows crashes the adobe, when editing I can't click or do anything unless I close it and open, preview is slow and stuttery and so on. The best part is that adobe can't ever help fixing anything.

I will start my jorney to Davinci, it's impossible to work like this, I feel like i am a tech support constantly fixing problems, I am already 2 days behing on my new project.

Complete waste of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing laggy performance, from playback to moving clips in the timeline to moving cursor and clicking on things. One of many bugs with 2020.

2 things that I did have helped alot, but still a little laggy doing certain things. 

Mac Pro 6,1 (late 2013), 6 core, 64GB Ram. Mac OS X 10.14 Mojave. 

1) I first dumped all media cache, PEK and PTX files in user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

2) I noticed that Essential Graphics panel was open but kind of tucked away. It was constantly trying to load all the thumbs. It was very unresponsive so I closed the panel, and any other extraneous panels I didn't need. Reset or Save the workspace to default or new. 

2 was more effective than 1. 

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I did all of that ages ago. I am afraid Premiere Pro issue as much deeper then cache alone.

I have to close premiere pro every 5 to 10 minutes clear everything and reset the preferences just so I can use it for another 10 minutes if it makes any difference which most time doesn't. This is on my PC, on my mac it won't export anything along with milder issues. 

The biggest problem for me isn't even the lag, it's the fact that it simply stops working, I can't zoom, I can't move the timeline curser, I can't do anything. When it allow me to zoom, the only way to move on the timeline is by zooming all the way in. Then I can click. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dunno man, that's what I did to solve the laggy response. It's not totally fixed of course, so I agree it's deeper. Premiere 2020 is problematic throughout the entire program. For instance - and it's not just Adobe, but other companies like Blackmagic Design and Apple, but Blackmagic Design's Desktop Video driver is missing Premiere Pro 2020 as a supported application, thus through my Ultrastudio 4K IO box I can't playback to client monitor with audio and video sync, until BMD updates their drivers. Why the two couldn't have to worked this out together prior release? Because they have competing products, but expects everyone to be fine when they do release major updates. Instead, it breaks things. C'est la vie. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I dunno. They could just test things before realeasing. Not fair on us to deal with their lack of quality control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an i9 7080XE, 64GB DDR4, 2080TI. NVME pro and even on 1080p and I have lag...

This happens on 2019 as well. I have to wait aroun 20 seconds as well just before any playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created a new project, then imported the old one from CC19. It's better now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. Extremely laggy on i9 9900K, 32 GB RAM, RTX2070. Had no issues at all with cc2019, but cc2020 is lagging crazy, even when making new projects. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install 2018, I did just to try and it works flawless. Really fast, snappy, no crashes. 

Export your projects as XML files and your are good to go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New update just dropped, Premiere runs like a dream again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really??? Can you be more specific - what bugs have you seen solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will install now and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated and so far no problems with lag or crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine on a new project seems ok but on my current edit it still takes 10 seconds to play anything.

It's a litle better but not great.

I only tested a bit, it's too early to say it's fixed, but definately an improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 2020 is GOD AWFUL slow.

It lags on playback on plain white text over black background.

It lags on everything I've thrown at it. I used to be able to play down RED RAW footage at 1/2 quality with no issues. Now it can't even play simple video files. Its completely unusable as a NLE at this point. It really makes want to go back to Avid. Why release a update with so many issues. My iMac Pro has plenty of power and plays down ProRes even compressed mp4 files no problem in older versions of PP. 2020 is awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do the new update? They improved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I just did that this morning to 14.0.1. I'm on a MAC OSX 10.14.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I installed 2018 again on my Mac and PC. I would try that and see if it helps.

So far the 2018 has been super relieble, stable and fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue - Ryzen 9 3900x, 64gb RAM, 2080ti - trying to edit game footage captured at 1440p, 60fps, but can't even get Premiere running quick enough to edit my audio track (a 15 minute long WAV file) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, Running RTX 5000 with i9, 64gb RAM. Unusable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In regards to bellPost's post, I have used all manner of formats with the same terrible performance in 2020.
I have always used CineForm as my main codec without issue back to the early 2000's, to have such a performance issue with an intermediate such as CineForm in the 2020 version (and 2019 too compared to 2017 and 2018 12.0) tells me it ain't the dang file format/codec, it's Premiere's coding gone completely awry. A small update did come down the last time I went back to my Windows 10 image and probably tried to band-aid a few dynamic link library files as a fix but it did nothing that I could feel to fix the overwhelmingly bad responsiveness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Marc,

Sorry for the problem. My advice is to rip your game footage in Handbrake, then work with it. That will provide a workaround for you.  Long GOP footage, such as that derived from a gaming stream is not functioning well in the past couple of versions. If you do decide to transdcode, let us know if that works. If you can't transcode, consider working with an earlier version of Premiere Pro.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i've been doing a little testing. PP CC2020 is terrible with Long GOP formats. Where all previous versions worked really well (CC 2019, 2018, etc. etc.), this one falls short. That said, I do not expereience the same performance drop with ProRes or any Intra-frame codecs. Those are still as speedy as ever. Playback, scrubbing playhead, clicking through from clip to clip = no issues.

When performing those same tasks on anything LongGOP, i.e. H.264 codecs and the like, its horrible. Even dropping the playback quality to 1/4, still terrible performance. What gives? As mentioned, in all previous versions this wasn't an issue. Especially for my more than capable iMac Pro and speedy Facilis Terrablock RAID array.

Seems to me like something significant has changed to lose that much performance. The best part of PP was that it could handle anything you through at it. With this 2020 update, it feels like I'm back in 2005 using FCP 7. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this as quickly as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines