• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2020 14.01 Update DID NOT fix RED footage playback issue with Metal on Mac!

Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just came out with 14.01 update and unfortunately it did not fix the performance playback issue with RED footage. Just as a recap, when I load RED footage in CC2020 and place clip in timeline, the footage is unusable because it has a horrible choppy playback. The clip plays fine in program monitor, but as soon as you drop it in timeline it plays extremely choppy (Which makes absolutely no sense)

I opened up the same clip and sequence in CC2019 it plays perfectly as it should. So apparently adobe hasn't worked out Apple Metal support with RED footage in CC2020 yet, which is clearly apparent in this update. Adobe, can you please put this at the top of the list, because all of us RED editors which is  a lot of us need this to work ASAP. I'm forced to work in CC2019. Its really frustrating paying for a tool that I cant use. I edit for a living so this need to work! 

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post this on their UserVoice system as that goes directly to the engineers. Every post there is read and sorted by the engineering staff.

And collated results are sent to all the upper managers who live and decide budgets by studying metrics. Give them some metrics.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive called tech support, but where can I find this UserVoice system ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on my phone or I'd provide the link. It's at the top or top side of the main page of the forum on a desktop browser. It's the bug/features report system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

You can use a search box on the bottom right and look for previous reports to see if there is one that already has votes that you can upvote and comment. Otherwise post a new report and either way, post a link back to here so people reading this with a similar problem can go and upvote. Adobe engineers see the posts over there, and higher vote counts make a bigger impression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a article pretty much confirming what myself and other RED users have been experiencing with CC2020. 

Check Article:

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/12/13/red-apple-complete-metal-gpu-accelerated-r3d-support/

So apparently adobe hasn't gotten around to implementing the new Metal GPU and RED SDK as of yet. DaVinci Resolve has already updated there software but no word as to when Adobe will. I was even chatting with the CEO of RED on facebook and he stated it probably wont happen until spring. If this is the case I wish Adobe would just be honest with its users, particularly users editing RED footage and let us know that we will experience  playback and performance issues in CC2020  because the Metal support isn't ready yet, instead of trying to troubleshoot knowing that its not compatible yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still even having glitch issues with my red footage when using metal in timeline and in the export in Premiere 14.3.1. Neil up there said i need to update my mac graphics card drivers in a different thread (must not be a mac user as you cant manually update graphics card drivers on macs). Called adobe support and they say its apple, apple says its adobe. Would be nice to just get a straight answer of metal is not supported yet by adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope still not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines