• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change frame size, now captions won't adjust postion

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I've been editing some clips and added captions.  I changed the frame size after via sequence settings.  The captions now sit a third of the way from the bottom of the screen.

I tried adjusting them using the captions panel (postion block and manual adjust with x and y axis), but it's not making a difference.  I've also tried removing the captions and adding again.  

It's as if it's using the old (smaller) frame size.

Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Yes...When you create a caption layer they are created at the size of the current sequence that you're working on. Unfortunately you cannot change the size of the captions layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...When you create a caption layer they are created at the size of the current sequence that you're working on. Unfortunately you cannot change the size of the captions layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob, thanks for the prompt reply.  So I figured it out...

I simply created a new sequence with the correct frame size, and copied and pasted the contents from one sequence to the other.  It's a tiny project so there's not that much going on.  I've just had to set video to frame size and make sure everything else is still working as it should.

I've got six more sequences to correct, but if this first one works then they all should. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a big time bummer. I'm using Premiere Pro CC 2019. There is no means to change the frame size of the captions? Mine were originally set to 1080x1080, then the project format was changed to 1920x1080, and captions get cut off at 1080x1080.

CC 2019 didn't address this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only if they are open captions you can change the framesize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, they're open.

What are the steps to change the frame size? Seems locked at 1080x1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Google is my friend. 🙂

The fix was to right-click on the captions .srt file in the library. Modify - Captions - then pixel size can be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines