• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing view tabs crashes Premiere in new 2018 update

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that got migrated from the previous version of Premiere into the new updated version. Everything appeared to be working well until I tried to change the view to the color tab. This caused the program to crash. I've tried multiple times with the same result. I tried restarting, using the Adobe cleaner tool and using a previous version. Still the same issue. I also tried on a separate project and ran into the same problem. I need help!

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH oops I did forget to mention that I would keep the lumetri color panal on scopes RGB Parade and Wave form all open on start up. Should I only have one opened up at a time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally run 2-3 scopes at a time ... shouldn't be an issue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking into this problem but so far have not been able to reproduce the results.  Can you please provide some more details about your system (Exact PPro version, CPU, GPU, displays, which scopes configuration, Renderer: CUDA / OpenCL / Software). The more detail the better - thanks.  Others are reporting this problem and it usually seems to be related to scopes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I upgraded to the lates version of Premiere pro recently like most when this bug started happening. Im running it on my Acer aspire E 15 with Nvidia geforce  940x graphics card. I set up adobe to run in software instead of CUda. that seemed to help for a bit or atleast I thought. then it didnt a few weeks later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francis,

I believe it could be a combination of some of these causing the crash:

- Windows 10 Pro 64bit (I replicated this under 1709 and 1803 builds)

- Nvidia GeForce GTX based card (running 1080 Ti).  Driver Version 397.31

- Intel Core i7-8700k

- Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL)  / CUDA / Software Only.

- Lumetri Scope with Parade AND/OR Waveform.

- 1x 27" 4k display  (DELL P2715Q) - 125% scaling

-  Premiere12.1.1 (Build 10)

I can reproduce the crash every time switching between the Editing/Color workspaces when I save the Project Settings under OpenCL or CUDA  or even Software (providing scopes are visible in the color workspace).  If I delete the Layouts files and start from scratch, thats when I can get to the Color workspace without a crash.

Let me know if there is a way to produce debug log files for the crash .... more than happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to ditto what Aleksandar Ivic said as I'm pretty much running the same setup. It doesn't matter what I try to resolve the issue in the suggestions given (believe me I've tried them all except the nuke function), it constantly crashes when hitting the color tab (or workspace drop down). It doesn't crash when I use a macbook pro and it doesn't crash if I roll back to CC 17 using my desktop with similar specs to above.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aleksander - thank you for the detailed information, it's really critical to determining what the problem is. Try looking for log files here - C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\12.0\logs.  Please DM me if you find a log file in that location and I can have a look at it. 

FAQ: How to find Premiere Pro crash logs on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This directory exists but no log file.  Does Premiere Pro have a parameter that I can enable debug logging which I can modify the shortcut file?

Im not sure if this helps you to see if you can reproduce with my combination of specs (maybe somebody else can verify here in this thread) but I have consistently made it crash if I have more than one scope in the workspace (NOTE: It does not crash if I stay in that workspace only when switching).

I have failed to make it crash today with just a single scope (I even went crazy switching it back and forth ).  I cant exactly recall if I had crashed it with a single scope as I remember always having PARADE AND WAVEFORM side by side.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fair few crash logs Francis if you'd like to see some of them.

Cheers

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stevemunro - DM me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've emailed your mac address with attachments.

All the best

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to that, I've saved a workspace with just rgb scope and not both rgb and waveform which was my usual workspace. No crashes yet...

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like that was the trigger...

1) More than one scope.

2) Windows 10

3) Nvidia Card

4) Premiere 12.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why, on some machines not others? I can run up to four scopes without ever an issue. On Win10, GTX 1060, 12.1.1.

That's the fun part for the engineers though, right? 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah that seems to be a link so far. its only been a couple of days but having just one scope up has brought me zero crashes. fingers crossed it stays that way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outdoordavid,

Are you still seeing this issue on your system? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to everyone for their detailed information.  We are working on a fix.  Once again, sorry for the inconvenience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we get a month's rental fees back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this fix going to be pushed? I can't get any work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought CC for Premiere and this started happening as soon as i put the scopes on. It first crashed when I made the window too small or tried to move the window to a different (smaller) screen. Then suddenly it happened every time i klicked on the color panel.

Is this still not fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still isn't fixed. Get used to it, this is how they role. Alternatively, demand your money back and switch to DaVinci resolve, it's the smart choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so far on have have had zero crashes and glitches ever since I took down my color Scopes and updated my graphics card. It's been like 3 projects later and all I had to change was looking at the scope individually rather than keeping them open. So if that helps anyone thats my experience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this crash numerous times... been following this thread.    Nothing worked.   Changed the scopes so that ONLY the rgb scope was active. No more crashes!     That being said, I would like to get the other scopes working....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to bump this conversation as I'm having the same problem.  Clicking the "Color" tab crashes Premiere.   My current work-around is to go to the "Editing" Workspace, then go to the "Windows" tab, then hand-select "Lumetri Color" and "Lumetri Scopes" to open those windows.  It pretty much opens everything to look identical to my former "Color" Workspace, and I can display all 4 of the scopes I use.  Of course it would be nice if the "Color" tab worked like it's supposed to...

Specs:

Dell Alienware Laptop 15 r4, 15.6-inch display - 1920x1080

Premiere Pro CC 12.1.2

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

8th Generation Intel i7-8750H

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 OC with 8GB GDDR5

32GB DDR4-2666MHz RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its really unfortunate that Adobe has not fixed this problem on Windows.  I was totally fed up with workarounds and overall stability.  I don't recommend doing this if you don't have any spare time but I went to extremes and turned my PC to a Hackintosh.

The Adobe Suite has been running solid on High Sierra on my PC Build and these crashes do not occur at all.

If you are fortunate to have all the parts that is compatible for a Hackintosh, it may be worth investing time looking to try it out.  Of course there are many drawbacks but I can personally say PP/AE/PS/AI has been rock solid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines