• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy Playback in premiere

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a i7-3770K @ 4.4Ghz, Nvidia GForce 970 4G card, 32mg of Ram.  Main drive Samsung SSD & media drive also Samsung ssd.

The sound card is a bit outdated, Creative Audigy 2, just ordered a new card.

When editing 1080P 60fps mp4 files I get very choppy playback.  nothin fancy just with cross fades,  I hear the fans rev up at full speed & video playback extremely choppy.  Its only a 3 minute video I'm working on.  There has to be something I'm doing wrong with some setup.  I have it set to performance. I have dual monitors.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Allbert 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did the media originate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJI Phantom 3 & Inspire 1 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Try using the new Proxy feature.  Choose a Cineform preset.  You'll find performance goes up significantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I enabled Proxies.  Does enable accelerated Intel h.264 decoding make a difference? I tried with it enabled disabled & I chose Quicktime as file format & Cineform as the Codec in the Sequence Setting menu.  Under prefences I have Memory optimized for performance, I have 32gb installed RAM & I set Ram available for Premiere at 27.9 gb.  Under playback should I use Adobe DV of one of my two monitors? I have Save Media Cache files next to originals checked.    I just don't know if there is some setting I'm missing.  The video previews play for just a few seconds OK, then gets choppy.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all

Albert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's nothing wrong with your settings.  I would expect playback to be fine with the Cineform proxies.  (They are enabled, yes?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines