• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy Slow Motion 60fps to 24fps

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot some footage at 60fps (D800  1/125s  and tried 1/60s). In Premiere, I created a new sequence set at 24fps.  I have tried both Speed/Duration (40%) and Interpret Footage > Assume Frame Rate: 24fps.  With the Speed/Duration route, I tried all three options for Time Interpolation: Frame Sampling, Frame Blending and Optical Flow and all seem to provide the same result...

After rendering the clip, all of these permutations provide a (nearly) identical video that seems to stutter or jump a frame or two about every 1/2 second. 

Any ideas of what I can do to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Export Settings dialog has its own Time Interpolation setting, which is set to Frame Sampling by default, although I'm not entirely sure if that is what's causing your problem.

Set that to Optical Flow or Frame Blending and see if it helps.

The other approach is to export your original clip to an image sequence, and then import that sequence at 24 fps. You will not get any frame drops with this method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi erickraus,

Did eikonoklastes' response assist you at all? Please let us know.

Also, let us know if you need more help with this.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the 8 years of shooting I've never had this issue. I shot at 60 fps with a shutter of 1/125 and then dropped it into a 23.976 timeline and slowed it down by 40% and it's extremely choppy. Usually when doing this I get buttery smooth slow motion footage. I've tried exporting with optical flow and frame blending like explained above but still getting the same issue. I need help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things I would try: dropping back a Premiere version and turning off Hardware Encoding/Decoding. (Not saying those are things you want to always have to do but just trying things.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive never had a problem with Premiere pro doing this until now. I shot at 59 fps and then use Interpret footage to set the clip to match my 23.976 timeline - this used to result in nice smooth slow motion, now it is choppy, what has changed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you solve this? I just started getting this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having this issue - Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - Premiere Pro is stuttering just trying to playback the 60p at 60p. every other frame is frozen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@christopherb50820406 Depending on your video codec and hardware, 60fps is potentially going to be difficult to play on many systems, so that isn't surprising to hear in and of itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines