• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clips skipping around and playing from beginning

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using longer clips (anything over a few seconds) i've found that when playing them back they skip around and stutter. Additionally when scrubbing on the timeline the clip restarts from the beginning no matter where you have moved to on the timeline. This was not happening around a week ago and just started recently, i'm not sure if its a result of recent updates or not, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Aaron F

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a previous thread where someone had the same problem, they could not figure it out either.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC: Preview resets when pausing timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please try to clear cache (FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files? ) and check if it's working properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that prior to my post, I should have made it more clear the measures I had gone through. I completed most of the different checklists provided by other forum posts with similar problems to me and never could find the cause of the glitch. I just gave up on those video files and every other video file seems to be working so far, so I believe it may have just been corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know its been more than a year and you've moved on from this project, but for future peoples who find this: I found a decent workaround to this issue. 

With the odd-behaving clip in the timeline, right-click and use "Render and Replace." It makes a copy of the clip as is. The new one worked just fine for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this media from a phone, by chance? If so, you may be seeing some symptoms of Variable Framerate. I've seen that type of skipping before with the combination of VFR and interframe media from phones. If it sounds like that could be your issue, you can learn more about VFR here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-work-with-variable-frame-rate-vfr-media-in-pr...

I also wanted to add that - if it's not VFR-related - you may benefit from transcoding the media into a better format prior to editing, or even just make proxies of it. With the clip you're having trouble with you can right click, Reveal in Project, then in the Project Panel right click, Proxy>Create Proxies... And I tend to use the ProRes Proxy preset. It's an intraframe codec (better for editing, easier on your CPU). You'll need to make sure you toggle proxies on (By hitting the plus sign in the Program Monitor you can add the toggle for proxies to your list of buttons beneath your Program Monitor. Pic attached.) When you go to export, the proxies are turned off and the original media is exported.

Proxy Toggle.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a suggestion for anyone else that comes searching for a solution to this issue. I had this problem and a started a new sequence where I copied and past the old sequence into a new one. It worked like a charm and I haven't seen the skip problem. Only do it once your edits are done. It seems to happen when you move clips around on the timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines