• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CLOG 3 footage in preview washed out

New Here ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I oppened Premiere Pro and all my CLOG3 footage is looking like the opacity is down/washed out (it was already color graded and looking nice).

Check image attached. In the image I put another clip from a regular camera with not log profile so you can see the difference.

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-22 164124.png

Yesterday night my GPU had and update installed.

I already tried the solution that some users had from Iphone videos (interpret footage), to see if this was something similar, and nothing changed.

Only the CLOG clips are affected.

Currently my Premiere version is 23.6.5 (Build 2), I now is not updated, but is because of my CPU not being complatible with new updates, and this is an old CPU with old motherboard, so basically is buying a new computer.

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2687W 0 @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz

RAM: 32 GB

GPU: NVidia RTX 3050 (Controller ver. 555.85)

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Hello,

It sounds like the GPU update might have altered some settings or the way Premiere Pro handles color profiles, specifically affecting your Canon Log 3 (CLOG3) footage. Here are a few steps to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

Check Lumetri Color Panel Settings:

• Ensure that your Lumetri Color settings are still applied correctly to your CLOG3 footage. Sometimes updates can reset or change these settings.
    • Compare the Lumetri settings on a non-CLOG3 clip that appears normal t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

It sounds like the GPU update might have altered some settings or the way Premiere Pro handles color profiles, specifically affecting your Canon Log 3 (CLOG3) footage. Here are a few steps to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

Check Lumetri Color Panel Settings:

• Ensure that your Lumetri Color settings are still applied correctly to your CLOG3 footage. Sometimes updates can reset or change these settings.
    • Compare the Lumetri settings on a non-CLOG3 clip that appears normal to ensure consistency.

Reset Premiere Pro Preferences:

• Resetting preferences can often resolve strange issues caused by updates or changes in settings.
    • To reset preferences, hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac) while launching Premiere Pro. Keep holding the key until the splash screen appears.

Check Color Management Settings:

• Go to File > Project Settings > General and check your color management settings.
    • Ensure that "Display Color Management" is enabled if it was before.

Update or Roll Back GPU Drivers:

• Sometimes, the latest GPU drivers can cause issues with specific software versions.
    • Consider rolling back to the previous GPU driver that worked for you. Alternatively, you can check if there is a newer driver update that might address this issue.

Check for Software Updates:

• Even though you mentioned your CPU/motherboard limits updates, ensure you have the latest update that is compatible with your system.
    • Check for any patch notes related to CLOG3 footage handling issues.

Graphics Settings in Windows:

• Check your NVIDIA Control Panel for any changes that might have been made with the update. Look for any settings related to color management, dynamic range, or video color settings and reset them to default.

Clear Media Cache:

• Clearing the media cache might help resolve any inconsistencies with how footage is being processed.
    • Go to Edit > Preferences > Media Cache and select "Delete" to clear the cache.

If the problem persists after trying these steps, it might be necessary to reach out to Adobe Support for more tailored assistance, especially since your version of Premiere Pro might have specific quirks due to its compatibility with older hardware.

Would you like to proceed with any specific step, or do you need further details on any of these suggestions?

T.S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines