• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed caption will not export

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 10 min video that I has added closed caption to. I have exported the video with an .srt sidecar file. However, when I play back the video with the cc there is one segment of dialogue that does not appear as closed caption. It's as if that portion of video did not have a cc typed out in the original cc timeline. I have tried to re-export a couple times and even deleted the said clip, saved the project, then retyped the cc for that portion of dialogue and export once again. Only to have the same result. No cc for just that one spot of video. Any suggestions for fixes. Film is entered in many festivals and I need to fix this for a proper and accurate playback for submission considerations. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything different with the CC at that spot? Some special character or diacritic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing special with the typed text. Just your standard text dialogue. It appears in the cc timeline sequence. It even appears when the sequence is played back in the timeline. Only the export video is missing the one section. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the SRT in a text editor, does the caption appear in there? What are you playing it in to view the closed captions? What format is your closed captions? CEA-608? CEA-708? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was going to mention that I opened the .srt in test editor and I saw the missing cc is there. I'm viewing it through myFilm Freeway profiles playback monitor. The format is CEA 708.Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 11.43.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have since done a test of the same video file and .srt file on youtube with out any issues. Could it be the video player that is messing it up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the apostrophe in "He'd" and try again - I think this is your issue. In fact, I don't think it's an apostrophe, it may be another character which looks like one...but isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I changed the type and still no luck. I have since watched the film one more time all the way through and am seeing other spots that are missing as well even though all the elements are listed in the .srt file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines