• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Captions Not Appearing on Export

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CS6 and am aware that this version does not have the same closed captioning functionality as the CC versions, but we are trying to work with what we have. So I have a .SCC file and have imported the file. I can see the closed captions in the Program Monitor section while I am editing the video. But when I go to export the video they no longer appear. I am trying to export as a .MP4. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The relevant section from CS6 help will give you more specific info regarding the limits. "Attaching a closed caption file" was added in CS5.5. The bottom line for you is that there was no export of closed captions in CS6. "The only native output workflow for closed captioning is embedding .scc (SD) closed captioning data when authoring DVD's in Encore CS5."

Also, even now, you cannot embed from PR in H.264.

If all you are trying to do is time the captions and embed, I would use SubtitleEdit or similar. I don't recall what embed options there are, if any, but it does a good job working with many caption file types.

Here is a link to PR CS6 help pdf. Look for "Attach closed caption files (CS5.5 and later)."

https://help.adobe.com/archive/en/premiere-pro/cs6/premiere_pro_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines