Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Correction and Grade when dynamic linked AE and CA

New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I work in children's video and create videos that include live action (green screen) footage composited with PNG sequence backgrounds from UE4, but i also use Character Animator for other illustrated characters and After Effects compositions dynamically linked to do things, such as when characters (both live action and character animator) are riding on a bus that needs to ride along and bounce etc.

My question pertains to the colour correction and grade stages (but mostly to color correction) and is that, if I have made a composition of the live action character and Character Animator characters riding an illustrated bus in AE, then dynamically linked that back into my Premiere timeline, can I use Premiere Pro to colour correct the individual layers within the linked AE comp? I love Prem's Lumetri, and want to be able to add corrections to the live action footage independent of the bus and the other characters. Is this possible, or would I need to apply corrections within AE?

Tahanks for any advice.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?