• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confirmed! Timeline Playback issue is 100% PPCC 2020, Reinstalled PPCC2019 and works perfectly!

Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I already Knew, but I have triple confirmed that the issue I am having along with so many other users is 100% a PPCC2020 problem. I just installed PPCC2019 back on my machine and it works perfectly like it did before. So I really hope Adobe fixes this issues ASAP and at least acknowledge this major issue publicly.  I edit for a living and this 2020 version is unusable for me and so many others. 

In addition, if Apple is going to force us to use Metal. Adobe you could at least make sure its stable for users before releasing it. 

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's impossible for adobe to make sure premiere will work with everyone of the infinite number of possible combinations of hardware and software.  Even back in the day when Avid controlled hardware and OS, there were problems.   Here's the first troubleshooting stop.  Create a new user in your system preferences:  user and accounts.   Switch to the new user in the apple menu and see if the problem still occurs.  If that doesn't work, you might try doing a clean install of the OS and then just install the CC2020 and see if that helps.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes of course as i understand Adobe cant insure its software will work on all systems all the time. But I'm an experienced editor and have been working in premiere for years and i know when something is a bug. I edit for a living. 

As I mentioned in my post, the playback issue only happens when Metal is selected, and the same clip plays fine in source monitor, but when you put in timeline its unusable because playback is extreme. Selecting "Software Only" clips play fine. I did a reinstall of PPCC 2019 and it works perfectly as it did before. 

Whenever adobe comes out with a new CC version I always do a clean install of everything on my mac just to insure there's no conflicts. I do a clean install of my Mac OS and clean install of Premier Pro. 

In addition this same issue is happening on my MacBook Pro as well. So thats two seperate systems with same issue. That's why I can say with absolutely confidence its PPCC 2020, just like soooo many other people are posting on here with the exact same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines