• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Copy in to out' possible?

Advisor ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prompted because of need to copy/paste bits of room tone within an interview, amongst other reasons...

In Avid I can use 'alt' & copy to copy material between in & out points, obeying track selection, from the timeline to the source monitor.

I think FCP7 I could 'select in to out' and then copy would obey auto-select and in-out. (It also had a GREAT range selection tool).

in PPro I find that I keep having to use add-edits/blade tool to copy just a section.

Anyone have tips/tricks to get round this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

If I'm understanding what you want to do correctly:

1. Set In / Out points in the timeline (I/O) to specify the area you want to copy.

2. Target the tracks you want to copy (3rd icon column from the from the left in the timeline) . If you just want audio target 'A1' or whatever audio track you're dealing with only - don't target a video track if you don't want video. The audio portion you want to copy should now be highlighted.

3. standard copy should now be available - copy to clipboard.

4. positio

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps.

I find room tone (or ambience, street fx, silence or whatever) from a clip in the Source Monitor and insert/ overlay from I & O's I set there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding what you want to do correctly:

1. Set In / Out points in the timeline (I/O) to specify the area you want to copy.

2. Target the tracks you want to copy (3rd icon column from the from the left in the timeline) . If you just want audio target 'A1' or whatever audio track you're dealing with only - don't target a video track if you don't want video. The audio portion you want to copy should now be highlighted.

3. standard copy should now be available - copy to clipboard.

4. position playhead in the timeline where you want to paste

5. target the audio track you want to paste into with the same icons as step 2.

6. Paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet, thank you, exactly as it should be!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had success copying in to out points and then I am having problems where the whole timeline is copying and I don't know why?

I have only the icons highlighted for the tracks I want to copy with material in the track but I can not always get the in to out section. 

What can I do different?

Windows 10 64-bit
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Ultra Intel
LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard
Intel I9-10900K CPU@3.70GHz
RAM 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
& NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. If you do your mark in and out and then click on the track highlighting all of it you will copy the entire track.
You have to click off the track somewhere and only the part of the track that has mark in and out will be highlighted. Then it will copy just that. 

Windows 10 64-bit
LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard
RAM 16GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Intefaces are falling behind.  The weird thing is that this fuction WORKS if you go to edit>copy in the top menu, but if you use the keyboard shortcut (comand c) it does not work.  BUG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't edit previous comment (and fix spelling errror).  It's still dumb, but changing the window focus from the Timeline to the Program Window, allows the Command-C Key command to copy the marked in/out area.  

Why wouldn't a user want it to work in the timeline?  I have no idea. Still seems like a bug to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did a test marking an in to out in one sequence and then pasting it into another Sequence and it only copied the first clip where the CTI was. However when I high light all the clips I want to copy it will then copy. If I went to edit>copy it will still copy the first clip where the CTI is. 

In fact you do not need to do a mark in and out just highlight and copy ctr V. 

Windows 10 64-bit
LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard
RAM 16GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines