Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt project Premiere Pro 2021. Project seems damaged

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,
Using Premiere Pro 2021, I had several issues with projects. I regularly save the project, and then randomly when i open it again, I got the error  "project is corrupted". It happens with multiple projects.
This happen when I open it to another computer (with regular licence on Premiere Pro 2021), after that, is impossible to open project again. I'm losing hours of work here. Any help?

I tried downscaling the project, but i can't scale it because is corrupted.
I tried open new project and import the corrupt one, doesn't work.
Got the error "file is damaged, can't be opened"

Is very frustrating, considering we pay montlhy for this.
Any help? Thanks in advance

Filippofile is damaged can't be opened.JPGdamaged.JPG

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, not had this and it would be a pisser. I do know that when a project file gets corrupted, you can often create a new project file, then use the Media Browser panel to navigate to, select, and right-click/Import the previous project.

But you're getting mulitple corrupt project issues ... wonder what the heck is up?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, i wonder too. Maybe is the hard drive, slowly dying. I'm editing on a Sandisk SSD. I have done multiple copies of the project, but I lost those hours of work. Seems is impossible to recover projects. Funny I just subscribed to Adobe for 1 year use of Premiere with licence...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang. That's lousy! I don't think I can help, but I can commiserate: Did my Premiere project become corrupt? Any way to fix it? 

I'm a Premiere Pro newbie and for what it's worth, frequently when I attempt to close a project PP will crash followed by an option to send a crash report to Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This person has been known to fix corrupt project files.

You might want to send him a PM:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/12528724

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I sent him a message, let's hope he can fix the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines