• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did my Premiere project become corrupt? Any way to fix it?

Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Premiere newbie and I've been working all day on a project, but now the interface has gotten weird. The problem appears to be the timeline: it's become unresponsive to edits unless I view it full screen (via the tilde key), however if I do that, when I return to the main workspace the timeline freezes again and tool panels disappear. If I restore the workspace, everything is fine, but the timeline is frozen again. Eventually Premiere simply crashes--disappears, with no error message or anything. 

Per my usual work flow, I've been incrementally saving my files, however, I have to go back to file versions I saved several hours earlier to find one that isn't messed up. I'm assuming my project became corrupt, so is there a way to fix it? Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Thanks for the tip, MyerPj. I've still got a lot to learn about PP's workspace, and PP in general. That said, my project definitely became corrupt somewhere along the way. Luckily, it won't be too difficult for me to reconstruct from an earlier backup. I'm looking forward to when I can tell normal from abnormal behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to include my specs:

Adobe Premiere Pro v15.2

Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19043.1110 v21H1

Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.30 GHz (no overclock)
ASUS X99-A Motherboard / Crystal Sound 2 audio
32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)
ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX
NVIDIA Studio Driver v471.11
Monitor: Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD U2715H
Resolution: 2560x1440 (monitor native)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps I've taken thus far:

- Removed the media source files and opened the *.prproj file, but the problem remains.

- Created a new project and imported the problem *.prproj file, but the problem remains.

I'm getting the feeling that 5 hours of work just got hosed. Pain in the butt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing to a new project was a good idea, bummer that didn't work.

You can restore preferences by holding down ALT when you start PP from the normal desktop icon (don't start PP from a project double-click). Then see if that helps. I like to turn off from the Windows menu \Workspaces\Import Workspace from Projects, that will eliminate that too. You can retry the import into new project with that option off. Before you do click on your editing workspace and 'Reset to saved version'. That should eliminate workspaces a the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip, MyerPj. I've still got a lot to learn about PP's workspace, and PP in general. That said, my project definitely became corrupt somewhere along the way. Luckily, it won't be too difficult for me to reconstruct from an earlier backup. I'm looking forward to when I can tell normal from abnormal behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By where your project is save there should be an auto save folder. Perhaps you can find a version in there that isn't corrupt and will work for you.

Hope that this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines