• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash when using 'Replace Footage' Function

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a continuation of a thread that was closed, but this issue is not answered or resolved. (LINK)

I'm experiencing a consistent issue when attempting to replace footage by Right-clicking on the clip in the Project Bin and selecting "Replace Footage". I get the dialog box to select the replacement and then I get one of three outcomes:

1. Premiere crashes suddenly and completely. (45% of the time)

2. The Dialog box goes GREY and remains on screen. You cannot close that box. No replacement took place. (45% of the time)

3. The replacement completes successfully. (10% of the time.)

This started on upgrading to CC 2017 in January.

I'm replacing footage several times an hour, so this has a huge impact on my workflow. A fix would be welcome!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If nothing is working to fix the "Replace Footage" crash, try this (in CC2018):

1) Create brand new project

2) Open original project so both projects (new and original) are open simultaneously

3) Copy all bins/sequences/items from original project to newly created project

4) Save and Close all projects

5) Open newly created projects and try Replace Footage

This worked for us, our issue was that our original project had been saved from a template .prproj from an old version of Premiere that had been upgraded through multiple CC versions.  So making a new project helped "reset" the Replace Footage command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This just happened to me twice today. GREAT, ANOTHER PREMIERE BUG. Damn adobe sucks, can't wait to get away from this horrible company once and for all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines