• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing during preview generation

Participant ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go back and forth between Adobe's photography plan and the complete Creative Cloud plan. This is because, while I love using Premiere Pro, it takes a long time to generate previews during project startup. About once a week, Premiere Pro would crash my computer after trying to generate previews. It does quite a bit of damage to the operating system when this happens and takes me some time to clean it up.

I am running Windows 11 Pro on an Alienware R12 computer with a a 3090 Nvidia card (24 GB video memory).

Has anyone else seen this problem, and if so, is there a solution or a workaround. The only one I have found is to create DNX files instead of MP4 files for ingest.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill Byrnes

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have the gaming driver for Nvidia Card installed?  That apparently can cause problems.  Use the studio driver.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. No, I have the Nvidia Studio driver installed. It is up to date.

Bill Byrnes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I contacted Adobe support and they said it was fixed after v22.5. I re-subsribed to creative cloud and re-installed Premiere Pro v22.6. I did not test long enough for it to crash, but preview generation was as slow as ever. I am using 4K files created in a Canon Vixia HF-G60. So I tried generating proxy files (ProRes medium quality). That appears to have fixed to problem. Previews are there instantaneously when I open a project, so far no crashes in 3 days.

I appreciate the help.

Bill Byrnes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines