• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud - only 1 computer per time?

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud: Is it true I can only use one computer at a time for the new creative cloud license?  If I spend more I can get TWO LICENSES at $100 month?

I like to use my second mac to export the movie in premiere while I am editing on my first mac. So Adobe is penalizing me because I multi-task.

Feeling ripped off. Adobe what have you done to small business owners.

http://www.bluebarngraphics.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Hi BlueBarnGraphics,

This issue caused some confusion for people when Creative Cloud was launched, including myself.

As it stands, the EULA states that you can install it on up to two computers at a time, however, you cannot use applications on those computers simultaneously. This is the case even when you are not using the same application. Sorry again for the confusion.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sebastian2012a wrote:

"the primary user of the computer on which such software is lawfully installed may install a second copy of such software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable computer or a computer located at his or her home, provided that the software on the portable or home computer is not used at the same time as the software on the primary computer"

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/#desktop

Hi sebastian2012a,

I understand why you might be confused, but the portion of the EULA you are referring to is for CS6. You can use software on 2 computers concurrently, although the EULA at this time is not specific about this. It is specific in the FAQ, if you care to look.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

FAQ: "Yes, you can install and activate Creative Cloud desktop applications on two computers, regardless of operating system, for the individual associated with the Creative Cloud membership. See the product license agreements page for more information."

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2013 Dec 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I see that you can use it on two computers. Why does it happen to me that when I try to open it on my second computer it asks me to license the product and even for a serial number which I never used to install the first one. What do I do to make it work on the second computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2013 Dec 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2014 May 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

How do I change the plan to add one more computer to my subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old, perpetual license only allowed you to use one machine at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only that, one can be a PC and one a Mac. Try that with the old license!

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BlueBarnGraphics,

This issue caused some confusion for people when Creative Cloud was launched, including myself.

As it stands, the EULA states that you can install it on up to two computers at a time, however, you cannot use applications on those computers simultaneously. This is the case even when you are not using the same application. Sorry again for the confusion.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2014 Sep 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just purchased the annual Ps/Lr plan for our household, and we have 2 desktops.

My desktop will be the primary user, and my husband's the secondary (once we get his programs downloaded and installed tomorrow)

What will happen if I am using one of my licensed programs and he launches one too?  Will he just get a notification that the program is in use elsewhere?

Also, if he is using a licensed program on his computer and I try to login from mine, will I get a notice, or will it behave like the old AOL internet service and immediately "bump" him from the Cloud?

I rarely expect this to be a real problem here since he just dabbles occasionally, but I'd not want to accidentally cause him to lose his work-in-progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No work in progress will be lost if you accidentally start using a CC application when he is using a CC application. The "cloud" has nothing to do with the operation of the software itself.

It will merely be a case of breaking the rules. Which, if it does happen for a minute or two now and then would probably cause no serious headache for Adobe. You just don't want to break them too often. It might be bad for your Karma.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I was under the impression by, you can install on as many machines as you want.  Also, up to 2 users can be logged in using the applications at the same time per seat.  I'm proving this now.. I have CC installed on my imac and my macbook pro, and I have photoshop opened on both at same time logged in with the same account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can? Yes.

Should? No.

As Kevin says, it is supposed to be activated on up to two computers but only one at a time in use.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the computers hardrives dies now what do to do we need to buy another license??

or upgrading to a new one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am certain that Adobe Customer Service can kill the activation on one computer for you so that you can use the existing license on a different PC.

Computers crash. They MUST be prepared to deal with that.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

johan kosterhed wrote:

if the computers hardrives dies now what do to do we need to buy another license??

or upgrading to a new one

If CC registers an attempt for a third login to the same account it will give you the option to force out of the other two allowing you to login from the current machine, so no dramas there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines