Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop Button Not Dropping onto Video

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm new to Premiere Pro. I tried to drop the Crop button onto the blue line as that's the video I want to crop, but it won't drop. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Logan26683216rq0h_2-1666194873982.png

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag the crop icon to the middle of the clip on V1 ... then it will be placed on it, and you use the settings in the Effects Control Panel for that effect to set the cropping.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil. I did what do said. It let me select the blue line. I was able to trim the video which I did need to do that. However it never showed the actual video so I could crop it. Also when I selected the blue line, it actually did not then provide any cropping tools under the Essential Graphics on the right side of the screen. Am I dropping the Crop button possibly in the wrong place?       It let's me drop the button on everything else except the green and blue lines.

Cropping 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might want to start with the Learn tab when opening Premiere first.

You are making 3 different mistakes in one go.

You need to learn the basics first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_0-1666199805713.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines